Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GB Exhaust V.S. Keda Design

Lets get a good ol exhaust war going on! In the Red corner we have Keda Designs and in the Blue corner we have GB exhaust. Give us your pros, cons and alikes of the two systems. We have all read great reviews on both products and some are still on the fence, like myself :D, and need that extra push over. I'll start...

Keda: I like the look of it and the sound (from clips) is amazing. Stock dyno numbers are nice! Its a little pricey, but possibly worth it considering the craftsmanship and customizing of the pipe.

GB: I like the fact that it utilizes a magnaflow can, and sounds awsome on a xb9sx. Havent seen any dyno proof of performance. Awsome price and seems well crafted!

Just the $.02 of a noob tryna decide on the system of choice. Lets hear yours!

I know you are asking for a battle between GB and Keda, but consider the D & D. I love mine.

Yea the D&D was my initial choice. I like the sound of it, but couldnt find any dyno proof for the life of me. Plus its a little pricey for what looks like a cheap version of a Keda.

The big thing for me is numbers and power curve with the Keda on a 9r after I get it tuned I think it'll be around stock 12r numbers or close to it. I'd like to see a GB dyno chart but I don't think it'll come close. My choice Keda

D&D has been around for a looooooong time. I didn't start building until late 2008 and didn't finish my first pipe until late Jan of 2009. To date I've built about 115-120 systems. There are at least 8-12 pipes out there that I did not put my tag on though.

As far as performance goes, I'd put mine up against anything out there, even a micron. It will be a close match. I saw a dyno chart a while back on a xb with a magnaflow 11148 can on it. I'll look for it later.

GB's is more of an aesthetics/sound thing, I was around when he started his, and it was his intention to improve the look and sound more than a performance thing, I feel confident in saying you should see a moderate improvement in throttle response, and possibly a bump in the HP/Torque numbers, but it won't be anything like you will get with a performance first/dedicated engineering design.
    GB is a fabricator,a dam good one from the work he has shown, not a "Fluid Dynamics Engineer"

D why'd you stop making the 11148 setup?.

Or did you stop?

This system is no longer available for purchase.

Look at the nasty flat spot on all d&d dynos.

Loud + power loss = d&d

Now please continue gentlemen

Loud + power gain = ???

D has crazy dyno numbers to prove his work..

This was from an xb12. Magnaflow 11148, don't know for 100% certainty that it's a gb, but it's the same muffler. Started at 90 hp, ended at 99.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1328129375

I only did a few magnaflow pipes. Didn't like the weld quality on the endcaps and it wasn't worth the time for me to try fixing it. Kinda looked like a sprayed mig weld. That muffler is also made of 2 grades of 400 series (409 and 436) stainless, which is designed to get surface rust or scale. You have to stay on top of it to keep it clean and it still won't polish up as nice as 304 ss does.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast