Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 04 Lightning Part Out

Ok, I just picked up a project bike that I will be building in to a cafe racer/ flat tracker.

I bought the bike in pieces and know almost nothing about it other than everything appears to be there. The parts that are not for sale are the engine, wiring harness, wheels, forks, and brake system.

below are pictures of everything that is for sale. The bike was originally a red xb12 but the guy before me decided to paint it black. the paint is in decent condition but I would suggest getting it painted (couldn't be much professionally done).

I do not know what any of these parts go for besides what is listed on Buellsterparts.com. I really just want to get them out of here. So, if you want anything, i will sell it for 75% of whatever Buellster parts is selling. or even less?! if you find somewhere that has it cheaper, I will beat that price.

If you do not care to do the research, just ask me for a price on any of this stuff and I will figure it all out. Everything is OBO...

one last thing, I have the title for the frame.

FYI That's a firebolt. welcome to the club.

No headers?

How much did you pay I you don't mind me asking? Was it wrecked?

Dibs on the fairing stay. It's the metal piece that was holding the front fairing/headlights.

tits. I always call it a darn lightning because that's what my dad had... thanks though.

I did not get pictures of the headers/exhaust but I do have them. PM me if interested.

and unfortunately the fairing stay is broken. the only part that I don't have.

It was not recked at least the guy did not say it was as well as it does not appear to be. the guys just tore it apart to replace the clutch cover and then stripped a bolt in the head and gave up there. I picked the bike up for $1750.

here is how i got it from him:

what it looked like before he tore it down:

not interested in the parts myself, but i'd like to ask that you definetly keep us posted on ur project it sounds really cool. always wanted to do something like that with a buell driveline.

ya definitely. i'm horrible at taking pictures for documentation but this one i'll try. if all goes to plan, it's going to be pretty interesting. i've never taken on a project like this so we'll see how it goes

Pm sent

Are the plastics scratched up? Air box cover and front fender? Hard to tell by pics.

Interested in those as well.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast