, wrong, input, dropped, racing, exhaust, stage, trouble, running, throttle, falls, start, cleaned" /> 02 buell blast help running trouble
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 buell blast help running trouble

i have an 02 buell blast with a big bore kit dropped drag bars racing exhaust stage 3 jet kit in the carb i cleaned the car the other day and now when i start the bike it will idle but when ever i give it throttle it falls flat on its face and dies someone i talked to said i need to reset the tps system but i dont know how to do that and i am not sure if there is something else wrong that i am not seeing i would really appreciate the input and help on diagnosing this issue

make sure there are only 3 bolts holding airfilter box to the carb. the other hole is supposed to be a hole. lol.

currently there is no air box on the bike i left it off till i got it fully running

did you take out the jets when you cleaned it?

the main jet should stick up higher if in correctly.

i took everything out the needles ans the fuel float out when i cleaned it i put everything back the way i took everything out of the carb at first it wasn't running when i put the carb back on them i adjusted the fuel needle to get it to run now it will run at an idle but as soon as i give the bike any throttle it falls flat on its face and if i keep on the throttle it will die out fave but if i let off the throttle it will regain normal running

and the main jet needle looks to be in the same position as it was when it was removed

you adjusted the a/f screw or you shimmed the needle?

yah i did everything i could think of that iis y i was asking if i need to reset the tps cuz if i do have to do that i would need to find out how to do it i am trying so hard to get my toy running again

Never clean the carb unless it's been gummed up with bad fuel.

Check your Needle Jet (sometimes called the "Collar). It's the silver thing that the needle goes down into. It should have the long end facing up, with the flared hole at the top.

How do you know it has a 600cc swap? Why did you think you needed to clean the carb? V&H is hardly a racing exhaust. I still don't know what a "Stage 3 Jet Kit" is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast