, wrong, input, dropped, racing, exhaust, stage, trouble, running, throttle, falls, start, cleaned" /> 02 buell blast help running trouble - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 buell blast help running trouble

ive never reset mine even when i switched carbs. the bike should still run and rev without tps plugged in. try that next.
    lot of info here.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1332385467

The TPS will not cause these symptoms. Mines not even plugged in at all.

i looked at all the recites that the old owner had and the big bore kit is a A 600CC BIG BORE KIT FROM NRHS the reason i cleaned the car is cause the fuel float was sticking open i am not sure what the stage 3 jet kit is it was on one of the recites that the old owner has the bike ran perfectly fine before i pulled the carb and cleaned it the only issue with the bike was it was pissing fuel in the the air box now it is not pissing fuel just dieing out when ever i give it throttle

might be the float level to low.

Check the service manual for instructions on setting the float properly, however I don't think that's your problem.

You're missing a piece on the needle jet.

The V&H exhaust causes reversion, which results in fuel in the airbox. NEVER CLEAN YOUR CARB UNLESS ITS GUMMED UP. More often than not, you do more harm than good.

Replace your boot.

what boot and the v&h exhaust was on the bike when i bought it there was no issues with the bike when i bought it it ran perfectly fine up in till bout a week ago when the fuel float was stuck open then i ran in to all these issues when that happened

The boot (or intake coupler) connects the carb to the bike.

It tears very easily (most often a crack that can't be seen by the eye) and when you pull the throttle it sucks air in through the cracks and dies. Replace it.

i will check that mabey even replace it and get back to u guys and let u know if it helps

Its a very cheap part - under 10 dollars and easy to install. Don't over tighten as it can tear it. 9 out of 10 times when what you are describing happens its the boot. It should be the first place you rule out. But not knowing can have you chasing your tail for weeks. Also, don't just think you can go to your hardware store and buy a tube. Get the oem as it has positive stops so it keeps it from pulling off. Its all been tried and experimented with so the guesswork has been done for you.

I would replace it. In the future, I would replace it with the superboot. This is a problem that won't go away and only solved with Dan's or Thump-e's superboot. Start setting aside some cash now to invest in it. It is around 50, sometimes he discounts forum members but thats all him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-Blast-...#ht_500wt_1413

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast