I started posting on Fritz Ferr's thread on the other forum, as we both were working on the same custom bike kit. Redneck Engineering manufactures a chassis kit for the Blast that is really cool, and makes a great starting point for your imagination. The ItsaBlast is designed to utilize the stock front end from handgrips to tire. You basically remove the front end from the backbone, then remove the drivetrain from the backbone. Problem for me is, I decided that this was a great starting point. I am replacing almost every piece of plastic on the Blast with metal parts. A stock Harley Fatboy fender was narrowed two inches, the mounting tabs removed, and lowered. The stock handlebars and controls were removed and replaced with beach bars and chrome controls and switches. The rear fender is currently being fabricated, as I started with a 250 tire-sized, 10-1/2" fender that goes from side to side of the swingarm. I am going to use the kit seat pan as a frame panel to mount things to, and will mount a Harley Police model saddle above it with the bmx-type seat shocks. And I didn't leave out the powerplant. First, I hated that stock electric choke. I replace the carb with a sportster carb with manual choke, then added a Dyna adjustable ignition, since the throttle position sensor was gone. I then replaced the plastic pushrod cover with chrome tubes (like on a big twin), got a 520cc overbore cylinder, had it and the head diamond cut, and the rocker cover chromed. I also glass beaded all the major components that were black crinkle finished, and re-shot them in silver crinkle.
By the way, before anyone feels the need to comment, I am going to post pictures when the kids are willing to help. I am much better with wrenches than I am with this bleeping computer.
Fritz, if you are checking in on this thread, sorry it took so long to get it going over here.\
To the other forum Blast folks, I want to thank you for the information posted on that forum and brought over here. The ignition module settings were a big help, and I want to thank you for the help.
Doc