Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell blast firebolt

Wow 09bolt, whoever is pictured there has some of the worse body posittioning i have ever seen. Also, thiis thread is an abomination.

I found it on google, It was posted in badweb. I cant find out who it is.

Why would someone put a blast motor in a XB? Is it for a certain race class? That bike looks killer though.
    Yes...They were "factory" bikes if remember correctly.... Salt flat bikes

In theory a 12/9 motor will bolt up but the frame of the blast will not allow it without hacking up the middle of the frame to allow the rear cylinder to fit into the bike. You would also have to make a new tail and fin out how to deliver the fuel as the blast I believe is gravity fed to the carb and the xbmotors are efi with a pump supplying fuel. I'm sure it is possible but an incredible amount of work will be needed as well as a fabricator. I think it would be a killer bike in the end tho if someone were to take on the challenge.

whoever is pictured there has some of the worse body posittioning i have ever seen. Also, thiis thread is an abomination.
    That red bike looks like a daily rider at a track day (judging by the tape on the lights and tag). It's probably just an inexperienced rider looking for fun and experience on a closed course in a legal environment. No need to talk bad about her (I think that's a ponytail out the back of the helmet).

What a way to show class and be accepting of other Buell riders!
    [/sarcasm]

Yes...They were "factory" bikes if remember correctly.... Salt flat bikes
    Those XB-framed Blasts are not factory bikes, they were privately owned and raced. They were also circuit-track racers; they're shown there on asphalt, not salt. A factory bike would look a lot nicer.

A twin motor will not fit in a Blast frame, the backbone will not allow it. If you're going to modify the backbone, why not build a trellis frame instead...or just buy an XB and solve all your tank/fi/oil issues that you will run into with modying the Blast frame to accept an FI'd twin.

Those XB-framed Blasts are not factory bikes, they were privately owned and raced. They were also circuit-track racers; they're shown there on asphalt, not salt. A factory bike would look a lot nicer.
    I couldnt remember that was years ago.

I will admit, I am ignorant. What is wrong with the body positioning?

Bob

I assume they are referring to the way they are taking the corner. They are leaning the bike over more than themselves. Typically a corner is taken by leaning the arm and body over the side and keeping the bike more upright. Cornering is quite physical when done correctly and requires a lot of core strength.

Could be wrong though .....

You guys know jack **** - about Blasts and XBs - lol - a Blast is half a 9 with a more conservative head and cam - lol - that XBBlast is currently raced by James P - the motor built by the Hoban Brothers with about 50hp, they used the XB chasis and wheels to lighten the bike considerably, the XB chasis being Alum is actually lighter than the Blast chasis by over 20 lbs. I personally think the XBR fairing is too big for a Blast proportionally, but the S would work and is lighter anyway. That and other XBBlasts race in the singles groups in the tracks in Cali, besides regular Blasts, Ascots and such - lol - and who wants a pre 2008 firebolt or S anyway - bad as a Harley - in that you'll always be working on it. If you can find a 2008 or up - cherish them - they are near perfect - about as reliable as a Blast - lol
    EZ

^^

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast