Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell blast firebolt

and who wants a pre 2008 firebolt or S anyway - bad as a Harley -in that you'll always be working on it.
    Are you high or something? What did the 08 bikes bring that are so much more reliable?

Personally I wouldn't want a blast motor in an xb frame, having ridden blasts it was fairly appropriate to cube them

You really didn't read everything EB built into those 2008 and younger XBs, did you - not high at all - if you think Blasts had issues, then check again about the older pre - 2008 XBs. Better than the tubers, but then again not - at least the tubers had trap doors to easily fix their issues - lol - of course you would say that, especially in the tight twisties after a Blast has you for lunch - lol
    Guell - sure that ain't spelled girl? Especially tired of you DS - sigh
    EZ

You are full of yourself, but you ride a blast.

Several Blasts and a CR - lol - keep up!
    EZ

Here we go again .. time to bash Blasts... Don't you guys get tired of it? It always amazes me...

Blasts are actually growing on me. I'm considering buying one as a gift for my 8 year old niece. Just missing some training wheels. lol:D

Naw I'm just being a douchebag. If I owned one, I'd be riding the crap out of it. Throttle to the stop every open straight. That is when it's fun to ride. When you're squeezing every ounce of performance out of a bike without hitting insane speeds that will get riders in trouble.

And if you modify it enough, then you'll start hitting those insane speeds a s well.
    EZ

What have you gotten your blast up to?

I got too nervous at 110, sue me, same with the CR - lol - but my friend Terry P got his toped out at the salt - maxed 139+ with an average of 135+ - last I checked - that is in the land of stock XBs on the salt. His goal though is to bring it to 720cc and take all the XR 750 records - for S&Gs. Ralph with the same mods as mine beat out a Bonny, figured he was going about 120, but he's a retired racer and used to that stuff. You can ask Ferris about the times when Lotti and James would pass up all the XBs in the really tight stuff, not even noticing them, just racing each other, because James didn't want to get beat by a girl. I saw that happen once because I didn't want to loose them, but that front end gets light over 100mph - lol
    EZ

my 9 is geared to top out at 131mph. I dont mind it at all though. I used to regularly ride over 150+ on jap bikes but that got old especially after crashing on a top speed run. :D

Sadly I need to be limited or I will go fast again. It's an addiction. ;)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast