Thread: best way to sell my car?

Ok guys so as you know I found the bike of my dreams. My lovely xb12scg-r.

I was just promoted at work and can now afford, with girlfriends consent, to get the car I want.

My question to all of you is what is the best thing to do, I own a chevy cruze and want to sell it, I owe around 15k. the car I want is owned by a private seller so I cant trade it in. Any of you have any experience with this stuff?

whats the car worth?

its a 2012 chevy cruze..

so maybe 18k

What car are you looking to get?

Good luck. Write it down, and buy it later. If your asking these questions, you don't have much for disposable income. Keep the sensible car, and have fun on your bike.

Administrator
    I second what sak1782 says. There is no money in trading cars. The Cruze is really fuel efficient and it's a good looking, practical car. Most cars lose nearly 25% of their value the minute you drive them off the lot. That's why I always buy used. At least you bought the right car for $4+ gas prices.

If you MUST sell your car the only two places I list vehicles is Cars.com and Craigslist.com. I always get the most response from Craigslist and it's free. Cars.com is a close second. Nearly every other classifieds site is completely useless. Just because you may see companies like Vehix run commercials doesn't mean anyone actually goes there to shop for cars.

If you have a special vehicle like a classic, eBay still works.

You're in a tough spot with that Cruz. It's so new there's not much equity in it and anyone who buys it will expect it to be several thousand off because it's now a 'used' vehicle, even though it's essentially new.

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're really just trying to get rid of it and not expecting much out of it(considering there's not much equity), try a Carmax if you need to move it quickly. They'll buy it even if you don't buy theirs.

Keep in mind they will not give you what you probably want, but you'll have to decide what's more important to you, getting rid of the car quickly OR trying to get some cash out of it.

Craigslist is free, but you get to deal with some real schmucks. Autotrader is a paid advertisement, but it'll give you some exposure.

Not a silver bullet, but your hands are kind of tied on this with such a new car. Silver lining, used car prices are up right now so you might get what you want out of it?!? Just have to put some work into selling it!

Yea ill see how it goes, if it doesnt sell it doesnt sell. Im on my bike every day anyways. I have 1100 miles since march 6th, and 40 on the car since march 6th! I dont NEED to sell it, but now that I can, I want to. but i think the economical thing is to hold onto it. So right now i have it posted, but i wont go out of my way to sell it. right now im spoiling the bike.

The best way is to list it here : https://www.forsale.plus/

Last edited by Vialdem; 01-31-2020 at 08:06 PM.