Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings to all! I am a new forum member.

The previous owner of the bike badly versed in the art. He was enough that the bike rides.
    The stator of the generator was broken (worked only two phases). The lack of charging a new battery destroyed. Breather front of the cylinder was broken. The upper part of the engine was covered in oil. Flowed oil from the shaft seal gear.
    There were other little breakdowns, which are then eliminated.

Ordered by e-bay generator stator.
    The stator of the "Lightning" in 2009.
    Waiting for a parcel from America for a month. Somewhere along the path of the parcel was hit and slightly damaged the stator cores. Check the resistance, lacquer on the wires. Damage to the windings is not found. But still it was a shame ...

I read somewhere on this forum to replace the stator. They grind the bolts of the rotor stator winding due to the engagement of a plastic cover. Take into account this point, and finalized the rotor. Measurements showed that the bolt heads are the size of the plastic inside the lid of 0.6 mm. Twisting each bolt, grind the head is 0.8 mm. and put back. Plastic cover did not grind the stator, so as not to damage the varnish of windings. And with the bolts had to tear off only the prominent symbol on the heads.

Before installing the stator core wire sealed. The oil enters through the veins of both the capillaries into the connector. It's all HD engines. Cleared sections of wire and soldered tin. These sites are plastered with a thermosetting adhesive. We have this glue called "moment." When heated, it is weld bonded. Shut the heat shrinkable tube. Now just plug is dry.

Welcome to the forum, we are almost neighbours :-) I Live in Sweden.....

//Acko71

We still have snow. The roads are clean, but in some places slippery. Two days ago, could not resist, went to work on a motorcycle. Slipped on the wet cornering and fell on the right side. Nipped his finger on the hand lever front brake. The finger was swollen :-(.
    On a motorcycle a couple of scratches and broken brake master cylinder rear brake. We will be repaired. Another week and the snow melts, the finger will heal and go ride :-).

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the forum.

Welcom to the family. I was going to ask"Moscow Russia, or Moscow Idaho?" but I read a bit further and u answered that for me. I could imagine it would be a bit harder to get parts in a timely fashion shipped from the states. Check out http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/ for anything aftermarket u may want. They are in the UK and shipping may be quicker and cheaper.

Welcom to the family. I was going to ask"Moscow Russia, or Moscow Idaho?"
    Moscow, Russia.
    Thanks for the link! I wonder.

Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you! It happens. Own fault, relaxed. This bike does not forgive mistakes. This is a tough character trait is also really like the bike. Adrenaline bike

Welcome. I read all your post in a Dolph Lundgren voice

Welcome.Â* I read all your post in a Dolph Lundgren voice
    I must break you! :D sorry, couldn't resist!

Welcome i wish i could get overseas on mine its so pretty in Russia minus the cold

Welcome Roman, nice to see these bike across the other side of the world.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast