Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike is coughing and throwing code 16

I took my tank cover off last night and observed that the actuator for the exhaust has been totally disconnected. The wire is not even there. Is that bad? Or am I gonna have to get that replaced for the check engine light to go away. It has a Jardine exhaust on it now. And how would I know if the exhaust valve is stuck open by looking at it?

That valve is inside your original muffler, so you can't observe it right now.

So i replaced the battery and it was running great for about 5 min. I pulled into a gas station and let it sit for a sec to see what would happen and then it died on me. It did not want to start at first but it finally turned over. After that it just sounded and felt like crap.

i got back home took the battery out and hooked it up to my charger and it showed it was only at 25%.

I hope this is not some kind of alternator problem..or i mean the regulator

Your electrical system is not recharging the battery, you've established that it is not the battery. Check all the wiring again to make sure there isn't any damage to it. The next step after that should be the voltage regulator. I am sorry for that, I just had mine replaced and it's pretty ****ty because I didn't have access to the tools to do it myself.

what kind of tools did you need. I think i located it. is it infron of motor net to the air scoop thing?

Yes it is, you will have to wire the new one in. Wire cutting and crimping tools and some small miscellaneous electrical connector parts.

Ok. Well I'll keep u updated

There is a write up of how to do it, search the forum. I would link it but searching it out from my phone is just not feasible right now.

im just not sure. I mean can it be the stator. all the posts about the voltage regulator, people are saying things about checking your lights. I have checked the headlights and they do not dim at all.

I am thinking i might just bring it in to a shop. I dont want to deal with this shat anymore.

Shop is going to be the most reliable way to pin down the problem and have it fixed.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast