Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you do a search on here? For oil.

I know this has been done over and over but I don't know how to do a search.
    I just wanted to see what guys were useing for oils.
    I just got a XB9sx with 1500 mi. on it and don't know what the last owner used. I think he told me he had it done at the Harley shop where he got the bike. It looks like mud to me.
    My last Buell was a Cyclone M2 and I used Castrol 20-50 and it worked fine.
    Thanks for any info.
    BZ870

google.com > in search field type > buellxb.com and what you are searching for.

Amsoil 20w50 Vtwin

Royal Purple

I think those are the two big/main choices. Ill get flamed for this im sure, but oil is oil, change it regularly, keep it topped off and check it often. Use whatever oil u prefer

what oh9 said, use google advanced search and search within site BuellXB.com The search engine here kinda sucks.

I run Amsoil 20/50

Inactive
    the finest oil is what the author of the "finest oil to use" article presently has in his or her bike. LOL
    stick with castrol 20-50 if that's what you've been using. in all honesty, they are all great nowadays.

Inactive
    Ill get flamed for this im sure, but oil is oil, change it regularly, keep it topped off and check it often. Use whatever oil u prefer
    well said.

Amsoil 20w50 here. Hell, became a dealer for AMSOIL because I liked how much better it felt in the primary.

Thanks guys, I will give that a try.

BZ870

Once you pick one stick with it no matter what. Stock up if you are uncertain of future availability.

As long as you stay with a major brand you will be fine. Make sure its made for motorcycles if you put it in your primary. The energy efficient mixes WILL eat up clutches. Personally i use either Amsoil or Mobil 1. This has seemed to hold up the best when i change my oil every 5k...yes i know it says 3k but realistically with full synthetic you don't need to waste the money on changing it every 3k. You don't have to stay on one brand of oil, but its best to stay either fully synthetic or fully dyno. It is very unwise to run synthetic one go around then dyno oil the next.

Thats my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast