Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buell xb9s over filled oil, looks like it choked the air filter and not running good

buell xb9s over filled oil, looks like it choked the air filter and not running good

the oil light went on when started looked "cold" and it didnt reach the stick.i put some more that was reaching the stick runned 200km and checked ofcourse when hot and was just little above the 2,4 l so i just kept on cruising one day it give me the engin varning and stoped in the traffick lights i opened the oil when it was on the stand out came around 2-3 dl.let it out and started again the engine runned nice in high speed but when slowed down start to sound that dosent get air or fuel.i washed the filter and saw from above that the carburator was black as well.the washing of the filter worked but i think i still need to clean it up??anybody else had this same problem?

Your answer can only be as good as the question you ask. Since I can't understand what the heck you are mumbling I'll try to clarify the simple things you may not know.

1)The oil level is checked WARM and on the SIDE STAND. LiKe the manual link I gave you below says, anywhere in the checked area is fine, trying to get it to touch the top mark is pointless.

The OIL light is RED and looks like a Genie bottle. If it comes on with the engine running, it means STOP the engine. IMMEDIATELY. No matter how inconvenient it is, no matter how close to home you are. STOP

That oil light will be ON when the engine is OFF, and that is normal. The oil pump drives off the engine and only works with the engine running.

The CEL (Check Engine Light) can be either red or orange and looks like a "V". Ok to ride it home that way.

If your airbox was full of oil, clean it very well, set your oil level correctly, according to the procedure in the manual below, and make sure it doesn't get saturated again. That could be a sign of a very bad things.

Buell XB's don't have a carburetor. You are looking at the throttle body for the fuel injection and they do normally get a bit black. Ok to clean with a CLEAN RAG and carb cleaner, don't hose it down directly.

If it's not running right, post the vid to Youtube and link it here. I'll never understand your description.

Link to your service manual to teach you all about your bike, and its FREE:
    http://buellmods.com

Why dont you just tell him whats wrong and how to fix it instead of sending him on some wild goose chase?

"Go to this webpage" "precisely what have you done so far" "tell me exactly what is going on" is unhelpful and a complete waste of time. Just tell him whats wrong and how to fix it. Better yet, instead of making him do all the leg work and post a video of the problem, why don't YOU just post a video of the solution?

He came here for help fixing the bike, not to play 20 questions.

I will be reporting this to your manager.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-10-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Feeling positive this morning, but you're right. This could go either way. Maybe just shout he needs a battery, a fuel pump, and check grounds?

Waiting with bated breath
    Last edited by Cooter; 07-10-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Are you making the solution video? Or do we need to take this to HR?

He, or she isn't from an English speaking country or teabag finally went over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Feeling positive this morning, but you're right. This could go either way. Maybe just shout he needs a battery, a fuel pump, and check grounds?

Waiting with bated breath
    You forgot one, is the fuel tank breather actually working? (Dunno how I spaced on that one, checked in the garage, seems good, when it stops raining I'll road test by popping the gas cap while it's being pissy to see if that changes it's mood.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    You forgot one, is the fuel tank breather actually working? (Dunno how I spaced on that one, checked in the garage, seems good, when it stops raining I'll road test by popping the gas cap while it's being pissy to see if that changes it's mood.)
    I don't think it's something that would cause your bike to die as fast as you describe, or recover that fast. But an easy check

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Your answer can only be as good as the question you ask. Since I can't understand what the heck you are mumbling I'll try to clarify the simple things you may not know.

1)The oil level is checked WARM and on the SIDE STAND. LiKe the manual link I gave you below says, anywhere in the checked area is fine, trying to get it to touch the top mark is pointless.

The OIL light is RED and looks like a Genie bottle. If it comes on with the engine running, it means STOP the engine. IMMEDIATELY. No matter how inconvenient it is, no matter how close to home you are. STOP

That oil light will be ON when the engine is OFF, and that is normal. The oil pump drives off the engine and only works with the engine running.

The CEL (Check Engine Light) can be either red or orange and looks like a "V". Ok to ride it home that way.

If your airbox was full of oil, clean it very well, set your oil level correctly, according to the procedure in the manual below, and make sure it doesn't get saturated again. That could be a sign of a very bad things.

Buell XB's don't have a carburetor. You are looking at the throttle body for the fuel injection and they do normally get a bit black. Ok to clean with a CLEAN RAG and carb cleaner, don't hose it down directly.

If it's not running right, post the vid to Youtube and link it here. I'll never understand your description.

Link to your service manual to teach you all about your bike, and its FREE:
    http://buellmods.com
    Thank you and yes my native language is Finish and I have a bad writing problem sorry.i did allready those things and have checked the oil level all time I ride my bike have been good now.i suppose I clean up the filter and throttle more.had to be some shortcut which give me the first oil warning which didn't turn off and thats why I filled up just a little more.but was too much I see.but engine whitout oil is never good.thank you for the manual.i will take the bike in for winter in my apartment 😅 so I can service it good

A video would be super good but I need to take one first my self ��actually the bike runs much better afteri I clean the airfilter I don't think had problem getting fuel thanks m8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast