Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frame Repair.

So my bike has some frame damage on the right side. I was hoping someone could point me in a direction so I could get it fixed. If I did it myself I would have to dent it a little more so I can get the lump out and then fill it. I am tempted to try it myself. I know I can't pull it. Also what do you recommend for frame paint. I want a semi-gloss or gloss. Or my favorite option is if you know someone near Virginia Beach that could help me. Also I am about to order Hero Blue plastics from buellparts.net. Do you know of a cheaper place to get them? I also want to change the color of my wheels eventually. They have some minor rash but I could smooth them out and powder coat them. I have been looking for a spare set but I haven't had any luck. My goal is to get this done in one week.

Also, I searched and searched for how to remove the frame pucks but all I got was pages of people bikes wrecks and etc. Thank you!

Denting it more sounds like asking for trouble, if you ask me. It sounds like most frame damage, right on the crease. You have to be especially careful that you don't create cracks. Some will advise you to fill it in or help mask it with a frame puck, for others they might just replace the frame. Keep in mind if you take a hammer to it and create something irreparable, you would be doing the latter anyway.

A pic might help.

Sorry it is on the Left side. A frame puck doesn't cover it. I can't find how to remove the frame pucks. I was looking for a professional job.

Check the this thread for removal.
    http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...tall-procedure

Well this is going to suck! Does anybody know if I can reinstall the Pucks once I remove them?

No you pretty much destroy to puck. That 3M glue really is "ment to last"

BuellSki

Oh also I'm in Newport news. But I don't have a clue on how to fix frames. When I got in my wreck I was able to mask it with a puck. So it worked out. I'll pm you with my number if you wanna ride sometime

BuellSki

I ride almost everyday. Even if I don't fix the dent. My frame is different colors on the sides. I am not really good at painting. I may give it a shot this week. I will just order new pucks. I just got my new seat and I am debating on plastics. I really want to get some hero blue wheels.

So I looked it over and it doesn't seem that bad. It would probably be less noticeable if I just repainted it correctly. The person before did a Kindger gardener paint job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast