Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More top end

you can switch to chain drive, and then you can adjust sprockets.

Dont know what kind of increases you can do, search for Buell Top Speed thread, there are some members who have claimed some impressive speeds.

at those speeds you might think about not doing the squid thing and slapping on some leather bubba ATGATT

Just saying

i'm talking about track stuff here not slabbing down the highway.

hey i'm a total noob on this forum here, how the FU_K do you use the quote lmfao...

at those speeds you might think about not doing the squid thing and slapping on some leather bubba ATGATT
    yeah I think I sort of figured that one out the hard way. But then again even with leathers, going down at those speeds might mean more than just road rash brother. I got lucky.

im happy with 130mph.

dont ride highways with the liter bikes take it to the twisties!! I feel like my bike has plenty with my buddies jap **** where we ride.. in a straight line they can be gone of course

30-100mph is where these bike run best. They have always competed and been compared to the 600cc class sportbike. Even when they were on the news racing it was against 600cc bikes.
    What makes you think the bike would ever compete with two monster bikes like you mentioned? I think that Yamaha does like over 100 in 1st gear and who knows about the 1098.
    XB12's are souped up Harley Davidson sportbikes. I love my bike but it is what it is. Nothing more nothing less.
    Btw I did outrun a 1988 Honda scooter yesterday

Welcome here kooma
    hey i'm a total noob on this forum here, how do you use the quote
    First just highlight what you want to quote by clicking and dragging over it, then click the Quote button.

an XB12R was never intended to compete with a Duc 1098, this is the equivalent of saying my lifted Jeep wont run with a Corvette C6 how do I modify it to make it compete?

Are we talking highway blasts at constant 130+ speeds?
    I do track my 12r and can keep up, pass some.
    But even on tracks your going to hit a turn at some point so your only doing top speed for seconds.

If your trying to keep up with highway shenanigans, wrong bike, sorry to say.

PS watch out for speed cams

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast