Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More top end

so i went out and pushed my XB12R this last weekend for the first time, i was riding with 2 buddies, one was riding a Ducati 1098 and the other was on a Yammi FZ1. the problem i'm having is after 80mph my friends are blastng by me and even after 130mph there's no way i can catch up!

i have a race chip and Jardine can and airbox mod but i'm thinking that the stock rear sprocket is too large for the top end i really want out of this?

anybody racing this bike? has anyone played with the gearing to get more out of these bikes?

any thoughts and knowledge passed on would be great!

Chirp Chirp Chirp....

anybody out there???

sell and get a liter bike if you want to do faster then 140mph...done.

Turbo ;)

Yep. If you want to compete at those speeds you'll do better on an 1125 or any jap sport bike 600cc and over.

:D

newer FZ1 have about 150HP..and the Duc is a real Racer...
    also 150+ Hp just forget it...:D

from Yamaha.
    Inside the FZ1’s chassis lies a powerful 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine - it’s an earlier version of the R1’s 998cc motor - that’s been tuned for tremendous mid-range bite and massive top-end power. The bike comes with a fuel injection system that has computer-controlled sub-throttle valves, providing precise fuel and air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.

and now a aircooled ohv 4valve HD engine with a little tuning...but no massiv or tremendous..

Twin Turbo!:p

ok without a turbo and selling the bike what mod can i do?

and now a aircooled ohv 4valve HD engine with a little tuning...but no massiv or tremendous..
    That got me laughing. But you know, it's all fun and games till someone easts **** at those speeds.

Been there, done that, burned off my t-shirt. :D

chain conversion and some engine work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast