Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buell parts guy

nice, do you have a 600cc kit on your blast now? or the 515cc?

The 515cc - set up similar to NHRS's LSR Blast motor wise, my next step come rebuild time will be a true 650cc 4.19" cyl ala the XBRR by Nallin - Terry P. just did an LSR with one and put out 80 hp and 70ft-lbs, I of course will take a more streetable approach and so achieve less, however, it should still put out numbers to surprise the XB crowd - lol
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

Does the pro series cam set help with power. I just bought my first blast, and I am looking for more power. What pipes would be best V&H, D&D, Kerker. Also if anyone has modes, let me know.

Jardine

No, but it helps with torque and power delivery - it is the cam the motor should have come with.
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

i read about your air box mod but im seeing alot of guys with just a cone filter on their carbs...whats with that? is there a "kit" for this or all custom?

LOL - both a kit and homemade - either needs heavy bracing of the carb, or the boot will tear - I figure some day someone will ask me the magic question - what is the least expensive set up for more power - minus labor - and I'll answer in the Blast motor kit part of the forum:D;)
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

i dont have a problem with making it homemade the only thing is i hear you MUST jet the carb whenever you do this mod, im guessing it's what you said the 45/175 or whatever. I had to do the cone mod for a mini chopper that i built so doing that wont be a problem. I noticed alot of you guys are using the foam boots as well...but when i used those filter's on small motors they would just choke it out...not enough air would move through the carb.

Rubber boot will crack unless properly braced - I use springs - a flat track trick - others use metal supports from the motor, others replace the boot with different hoses and different clamps as well - I like my stack and filter set up - now proven long term - lol
    Enjoy!
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

can you post a pic of your set-up on this site so i can reference?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123