Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell parts guy

American Sport Bike, Dennis Kirk - skip the jet kit and buy the jets and extra float bowl screws - jeesh - with drag bars you may have troublewith the full lock positions - or not - depends on the bar and how you mount it - lol
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

Yea it has issues with full lock.. but looks much better. Only affects me turning around and what not.

LOL

Already pondering the idea of upgrading to a lightning..

Buy it! Bring it and your pink to SF and I'll race you to Alices - I'll even spot you the lead on take off - you barely have riding down and your already ready for a lightning - bring it I can use the parts and sell the motor.
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

Didnt say it was my 1st bike, ive got the riding down bro. Thinkn more the firebolt now anyways. Not really into the racing thing, i ride for fun. Just wanting sumthing a lil peppier yet stay american sport.

From my tests of both bikes - the Bolt is more intuitive, however, the Lightning is more comfortable if your more in city type of rider - I'm actually going for something in the middle of the two with the XBBlast I'm starting to build - lol - their insurance - the twins -is very pricey for something not ridden constantly - gas mialage isn't too bad - more complex though - the single simplicity is ideal to me and hopping it up has made it even more fun!
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

XBBlast, gona put a 1203 aboard? Insurance is crazy cheap on a blast.. i pay 97 a year for full coverage. Not really a town rider, i live in the hills and curves of kentucky.

LOL - I live in the Bay/Yay area - plenty of curves around here - actually putting a hopped up Blast motor in an XB platform. Just need wheels, axles, front fork and trees, front brakes, airbox cover, and seat sub-frame - lol - have everything else - all in good time - and I'll have the XBBlast!
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

A note for you - the XB platform is over 70lbs lighter than the Blast platform - get where I'm comming from yet? With better suspension and tires - a very fun ride indeed!
    GT - JBOTDS! EZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast