Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside of Spec Ops/Hawk/Drummer ?

I gutted my stock can and cut it down to just after the rear mount... Sound is pretty "tinny" and I can def feel a loss of power from 2-4k but up top it is noticeably better. Anyone know what the other dudes were doing inside there mufflers? Baffles or just a pipe with muffler pack? I see that one of em put up pics of the inside but now they are gone. Being a welder/fabricator I'm not sure what the big mysterious secret is about what people do to these mufflers. It cant be that scientific.

Asking that is like asking KFC whats in their recipe, really not fair. I will say I've seen threads of a Drummer cut open...

Ya I saw the pics of an empty can with a cage wrapped in a muffler pack. Who knows maybe it was a drummer? Well I dont have any money to give other fabricators to fix up my muffler but I got the skillz if anyone has any designs that they may have tried with good results please share. The louder the better.

Asking that is like asking KFC whats in their recipe, really not fair.Â* I will say I've seen threads of a Drummer cut open...
    Lol nice. There are threads on what's inside them. If I'm not mistaken I don't think it was anything magical. Just some packing. But it's been a while since I've seen those threads.

Hawk says he baffles, no packing.

Stevenc150 wow you have a link to every useful thread on this site. I havent figured out the search option on here yet..so thanks for that. This site is def full of alot of great resources and people..... Someone needs to cut open a Hawk and post pics.

Hawk is baffled, I know that.

For your searching pleasure go to

Google.com

In the search field type buellxb.com and what you are searching for and bam you will have your answer.

I have a Hawk and when I put a flash light into it I could see from one end to the other. Does not look like there is anything in it.

Thanks guys.....hmmm a straight through baffled design. Magic! Maybe he's runnin a perforated pipe with baffles. Idk. I'm gonna play around with some diff designs and report back. FYI. Galvanized chicken wire from Farm and fleet does not hold up as a sufficient cage for muffler packing. It collapsed within 1,000 miles. Lol. An empty can with a pack of FMF glass sounded great tho.

Vance & Hines pretty much just puts some cheap fiberglass packing type material in with a straight drilled steel tube. just a glass-pack for motorcycles.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast