, problem, wires, starts, backfire, coil/ignitor, start, upper, eventually, xb12s, weeks, crusing, misfireing, iridium, plugs, spark, interstate, changed, night" /> Misfireing once warm - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Misfireing once warm

So I got the ECM in and I thought the problem was fixed after riding and taking up to redline with no issues for over 10 minutes so I brought it back and parked it changed clothes and was about to leave again and just when I accelerated out of my driveway it started to sputter again.....I've ordered the cable recommended above and hopefully I can find something with the diagnostics but if not I guess I'll break down and take it to the dealership.

Keep us posted.

Anyone near Charlotte, NC that want to come take a look or help me out with the diagnostics when the cable comes in?

This sucks hope you get it fixed. I hate throwing parts at a machine and they not work. Waste of money when done that way In my opinion . I would take it to the stealership like you said if the ECM spy doesn't work. . Interesting to see what ECMspy will have to say.

I am having this same problem. Let me know if you get if figured out.

hey i am currently having that misfire problem as well. but its only happened twice. once last month and then again last week. its only when im on the highway trying to pass cars n junk. anyone figure it out?

spd579, how'd you make out?

Rain water, it will most likely get worse, thats how mine started. snrusnak, I'm still waiting for that cable to come in should be here any day now....

I know it sounds stupid, but make sure the plugs are tight. I just had a problem similar to this, and after going through the wiring harness and sensors... it ended up being a loose rear plug. Is the CEL light coming on?

I'm pretty sure the plugs are tight given I put them in myself and no there is no CEL. Keep in mind this was happening with the old harley plugs that were in there before and now I have NGK iridium's. I just got the wire in yesterday to check the diagnostics but didnt get home til late due to working on my track car. Hopefully I can get to it today but I have a lot to do with my car and I'm trying to race in 2 weeks. I'll give an update when I get around to trying the diagnostics.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast