Hello,
    Over the winter I worked on my bike.
    New jets 48/180
    Shimmed needle about .050
    Airbox mod, (cutout side walls and open up more) K&N filter
    Rerouted crankcase breather line out of airbox
    Denso Iridium Plug
    Also have Vance and Hines exhaust

Bike runs MUCH better now, except around 65-75 MPH it hesitates a bit, (not backfire) kinda like the wind is blowing me back a lil, after that it rides ok again. Kinda intermittent at higher speeds only. If I give more gas this goes away. It still has power, but almost resembles a loose plug wire, although I checked and the plug is tight, and the wire is on snug. This hesitation issue is not too bad, but I never noticed it before.
    Do I have the wrong jet sizes? Somthing elese?

Thanks

You might want to try 175 main. 180 is most likely running rich with your setup.

65 - 75 should be easy riding.

Cool! Thanks for the quick reply

Update: popped in 175 main jet, and bike runs smooth at high and low speeds now.
    When I had the carb apart i noticed it has a 42 pilot, not a 48 as I previously posted.
    Does a 42 sound about right for a slow jet? Would a 45 b any better?

Ok, so the 175 main helped... But still noticed the hesitation, althou not as bad, so I went all the way back to factory 170, and its still there! Next I put the factory harley spark plug back in, removing the aftermarket iridium racing plug: this smoothed it all out!!

I tried multiple times now, only changed the plugs, I'm sure its that iridium plug giving me troubles.

What gives? What do I need to do to use this $30 plug?
    For now I'm jus running the factory plug, but want the benifits of the after market plug (hp gain)

Anybody know whats going on with this plug issue?

Hello,
    Over the winter I worked on my bike.
    New jets 48/180
    Shimmed needle about .050
    Airbox mod, (cutout side walls and open up more) K&N filter
    Rerouted crankcase breather line out of airbox
    Denso Iridium Plug
    Also have Vance and Hines exhaust

Bike runs MUCH better now, except around 65-75 MPH it hesitates a bit, (not backfire) kinda like the wind is blowing me back a lil, after that it rides ok again. Kinda intermittent at higher speeds only. If I give more gas this goes away. It still has power, but almost resembles a loose plug wire, although I checked and the plug is tight, and the wire is on snug. This hesitation issue is not too bad, but I never noticed it before.
    Do I have the wrong jet sizes? Somthing elese?

Thanks
    Anybody know whats going on with this plug issue?

here you go - you need to check that the boot is not leaking and also replace the plug wire with a p/n 15 N from auto zone ($5.00)- and re jet as follows for your mods .

also did you get the correct heat range plug ? - if it's too hot it will cause problems .

you want the IXU27B - regular Iridium, or

IXU01-27 - the racing plug which is the bomb

For Aftermarket Exhaust AND a hi-flo intake or Modded Stock (EZ mod)...

Since you didn't mention adjusting the air mixture screw that is probably part of the problem.

...rejet as follows: -- for your level of mods --

Below 5000' altitude - 45/175

shim needle .05" (aprox. 2 brass #4 machined washers), air screw at 2 2/3rds out from light bottom

=====================================

Accessing air mixture screw-

Carefully remove plug over idle air mixture screw (drill it out carefully)

and reset idle mixture screw to 2 1/2 turns from fully seated,or for best idle speed.

If best idle is more than 3 turns out, switch to a 48 pilot jet and re-adjust idle screw for optimum idle.

FAQ - INFO - MOD'S

Cool, thanks for the reply.
    I have a new boot installed I put on over the winter too, so i know thats good.
    I did set the mixture after rejetting, started 2 1/2 out then adjusted by ear, just didnt mention it
    Also the plug i have is the IXU01-27 racing plug, are there dif heat ranges with this model plug?
    Ill replace the plug wire 2nite