, times, parking, weeks, rediculous, crazy, reason, burning, ulysses, father, louis, gateway, harley, buell, dealer, taking, local, harley/buell, telling" /> 2008 XB12XT Headlights burn out ALL THE TIME! HELP! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 XB12XT Headlights burn out ALL THE TIME! HELP!

Um, everyone, he said it was an '08. That has a two wire stator with the latest heavy duty 77 connector. Also, both input and output connectors are behind the left side air scoop. Agree though that it was a voltage spike causing the lights to blow. Usually a spike that high will leave a code. Should check codes for the hell of it to see if one's stored.

well, the part is in, and the bike is gonna be in for service on the 22nd... i just wish i could put the damn thing on!!!

I also have a problem with headlight blowing voltage at 2000rpm = 14.2volt regulator seems to be fine what else could it be bike only has 12000 km on the clock.

Mine checked out fine using the standard test. First recheck both connectors to the VR to be sure they are clean and fit tight. Next find something to put a load on the battery, extra lights, heated gear ( I know it's almost summer, you don't have to wear it ), anything, then monitor battery voltage again as you raise engine RPM. You might start to see some irregularity with a load on the charging system. That's when my lights would blow, when I was riding down the street with heated gear & grips on.

Howdy, I finished work one day to find my uly dead in the water. No starting and the headlight was blown. I changed the fuse for the headlight and it blew again straight away. It turned out that the wiring loom behind the headlights had been rubbing against the frame and eventually wore thru several wires resulting in shorts which was causing the headlight to blow and the starter circuit to ground off the frame. Much patching of wires later and all was restored to normal. Might be worth having a peek at that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12