Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: foot pegs for Firebolt

I got a set on eBay. I think they are the dropped ones on buell parts.net that beullmekg linked to. I was thinking that the ones on the bike now were stock ... Obviously not. They're kind of small and a bit too light... That's probably why they fold up on my pant legs all the time. Dunno if they new ones have springs or not, but I'm sure they'll be better!

Post a pic of yours, we can tell you if they are stock or not.

They are in transit, but they look just like the ones buellmekg linked to. No rubber on them but they look heftier than the ones on they now so I'm sure I will like them.

Buellparts.net has the dropped pegs and the regular ones too. I dont know if the dropped are stock but the straight ones definitely are. Those are the ones I bought

I don't want to lower mine but I would like to get a pair that are spring loaded because the ones I have seem to catch on my boots and fold up so I'm struggling to get one or both of them down
    Sounds like someone took your pegs off and couldn't figure out how to reinstall the springs. I believe just about all streetbikes pegs are springloaded. Someone might have some extra springs or know where to purchase.

What I bought were the dropped ones - and hopefully they will come with springs. Originally I was thinking not to drop them but it might be easier to get my feet up on them if they are just a bit lower - LOL!

and hopefully they will come with springs
    doubtful but we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.
    I bought a set from Knight Design and they didn't come with springs. I also bought a set of OEM once and they did NOT come with springs either.

LOL - this is turning into a pretty long thread just about foot pegs! Well, they came today. They are the ones I mentioned in a previous post. No, they didn't one with springs ! I just ordered some more stuff from americansportbikes.com and included the springs in the order.

just ordered some more stuff from americansportbike
    Al and Joanne will fix you right up. Just think next week all your 2 wheel worries will be over. Safe Journeys to you

Just a FYI, with the drop pegs, my right heel would rub the swingarm on hard left handers. A bit unnerving to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12