, flowage, xb12scg, wrong, annoying, protection, wondering" /> Buell Firebolt or Lightning? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell Firebolt or Lightning?

I have a 12S and a 9R in the shed , there is a lot of difference between the Two ;)You are sitting more upright on the S then the R but believe me ,it is a big difference to the point that the R will out handle the S any day of the week when it comes to the higher speed range .

I love my 12R but at speeds above 65mph the wind is anoying. I just orderd a slihgtly taler windscreen for mine.

I installed the lightning pegs on my '07 Firebolt. A bit more comfortable in my opinion. On lon journeys, I lay down of the bike. (rest me feet on the back pegs)........I use to do thing for many miles on my ol Jap bikes.

Anyone do this on highway cruises?

I did too but when you hit a southern sized pot hole and the air box puches you in the stomach like Chuck Liddell you think twice about that position!!!

Im going for the Lighning,no doubt,i like the R,but i think its another conzept even if a lot of people dont agree,i love the Lighning as a streetfighter (what its suppouse to be) but if i go for an "R" i would defnetly not be a Buell...LOTS OF REASONS,starting by H.P. aerodinamics and weight...

has anyone ever put a firebolt front fairing on a lightning?

You know, I found a web site that sold windscreens just for the lighting. I have spent an hour looking for that link to no avail. They came in 4 or 5 colors and had a translucent one that was not DOT approved unlike the others that were. I'll keep looking and if I do find it i'll post the address.

if your going to put a windscreen on a stock lightning fairing
    null
    couldnt you just put the ulysses wind screen on it
    null?

MrOrange
    I'm new to your forum and saw your post on 15 March about windscreens for the Lightning(I just got a new XB12S). I think the website your lookin' for is Cee Bailey's Motorcycle products. They've got some pretty neat screens in colors for the Lightning(gonna order one tonite for my Lightning). I installed one of their windshields on my BMW K1200 about a year ago and their products are really top notch. Hope this helps ya!

why dont you just order an after market race fairing and put that on it. you can mount it with some quick disconnects and make it removable. if you cut out the headlight in the fairing you can leave them where they are and basically have a convertible bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12