Thread: Feeler: 2008 Buell XB12S with SCG Suspension on it

For starters I just bought this bike on Wednesday 05/02/12 with a clean Nebraska title so I it's going to be a week or so for me to receive a Missouri title.

This is a "feeler" post since it's not 100% ready to be sold due to me not having my title yet and because of the following few things.

The bike looks good, runs great, has no leaks, shifts smooth, yada yada yada. The check engine light did come on on Saturday and when I checked the codes yesterday they gave me 15, 16, and 21. I am in the process of pinpointing the problems and they will all be fixed before the bike sells as I am not the type to screw anyone. Also, due to my honesty, that same Saturday night I got a flat driving home. I was originally going to buy a new tire but decided to plug it for now (and see how it feels as I've read mixed reviews about it and I'm not a speed demon anyway) as both front and rear look almost brand new.

2008 Buell XB12S

17500+ miles
    K&N filter, owner's manual, and tank bag (he had a pretty cool clip on idea) included

The bike now has the shock, kickstand, forks, and triple tree off of a 2008 Buell XB12S with <9k miles on it. I found someone looking to raise their bike on another forum and agreed to the trade before I bought this (hence part of the reason I was in a rush to get this, so I didn't lose out on what would technically be a SCG).

Now I'm not sure what to put down for a price to be honest. Though a good salesman shouldn't tell what he paid for something but I'm not a liar and if people look up my posts they can see the price anyway. I paid $4700 for the bike. By swapping to the SCG shocks I do however believe I increased the value of my bike quite a bit due to SCGs seeming to be harder to come by (based on my 1000 mile SearchTempest searches day after day after day).

You might ask why I am selling this so soon? Well my ideal Buell is an '09 or '10 SCG (LOVE all the black) but the prices that I saw were WAY out of my league. I just saw the "perfect" bike and although I absolutely loved riding this for the few days I've owned it there is no way it will ever be cosmetically "me".

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll do my best to answer any questions that I can and I will also keep this post updated as I solve those codes.

Thank you for reading.

[img]null[/img]

PS: As you can see the pics are of the bike as I got it. My camera on my cell takes cloudy pictures because I messed up the lense but when my roommate comes home and I can borrow his camera I will take new ones that show the yellow SCG shock and the lower forks.

Update:
    So today the bike officially runs awesome. I replaced the sensor, charged the battery, replaced the servo, and fixed the breather route that the previous owner had done. If only everything was black is be a super happy camper.

Why don't you just black it out? Paint the plastics, plastidip the forks, etc....

I don't care about the plastics but the forks, all the engine stuff, the seat piece...don't have the room or allotted amount of time to take it all sort and have it sitting waiting to be powder coated.

Still thinking of selling the bike?

Bike available for sale

Sorry for the delays I barely come here now.
    Yes it is although the seat is gone and it has a LOW seat (to fit the SCG look).
    I've also put on bar end mirrors, removed the wind protectors (or whatever they're called over the hands), and fixed the breather re-route the previous owner did wrong.

Hey is the s converted to scg available still ?

Let me know please
    Thank you

The bike still has the SCG stuff on it as well as a brand new Low seat. I've added bar ends as well since posting these pics. This is what it looks like now.