Thread: Aftermarket brake pad recommendations

First, I absolutely love this forum, but until now I've just stalked the forum for upgrades and troubleshooting. An absolute wealth of knowledge of some of you are nothing short of geniuses with your bikes.

Now that my nose is thoroughly browned...

My next project is to put new brake pads front and rear on my 2006 Uly. Last time I did it, I just hit the dealer and got what they offered. Any suggestions of type (kevlar, organic, etc.) or brand?

Thanks!

I have found that Lyndall Racing Pads do nicely. They will make a little noise new but settle in real well. When it comes to brakes I'm a believer in something Dependable. I use Lyndall on my RC51 as well. Some believe they are expensive but for the lack of Warpage and look good as well as stopping power, Im OK with them. good Luck on your choices.*Jimi

Thanks Jimi, I just checked them out and they're not that much more than the OEM pads. The only hang up I ran into is that I can't find the right ones for the 2006 Uly (front H0301.T and rear H0300.02A8).

Cody

im in the same boat with my 07 9s. i dont want to go to the dealer if i dont have to because every time i have gone there the price is double what it should be and they never seem to care.

Lyndall Gold ftw

The Lyndall brakes require you to squeeze the lever a little harder but have a progressive feel that most people like.

I was in the same boat, I did a bunch of searching on te old internets and found a bunch I positive reviews of goldfren s3 pads. I put them on my 07 9sx ad they are great. I would recommend them to anyone. And they are fairly inexpensive.

Thanks all! I just dropped my order for the Lyndall Golds - thanks to anrkizm95 for showing me where they were on the ASB website.

Follow up almost a year later - love the Lyndall Golds. Excellent recommendation. They did feel a bit different at first, like the brakes were "soft" but absolutely effective especially as more pressure is applied.

Thanks again