Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going...going... spit sputter die coast.........w.t.h.?

So got insurance today getting tags tomorow decide to try short trip get maybe 2 miles and that where the title says it all. I have oil in breather box and along the front side of the engine tried to restart to see if it would and and wouldnt tried.to roll. Starrt. no let it it sit for about 10 min try again barely decides to start rev high got going made it half mile spit sputter die wait 20 same thing gave up had sis drive my ranger with my ramp and got rescued plan on tear down tomorow going to remove gas tank check plug see if i can find my oil source

Let's us know what you find. Pics if you can

Oil in the air filter cover is normal. The PCV valve on the blast is attached and spits all sorts of beautiful engine gunk in there. Move it elsewhere if you would like. Direct it to the ground and attach a filter at the T if you want to keep nasty things out.

Also, replace your boot. It has most likely seen better days. After that you should be good to go.

Ding ding ding crankcase vent valve and grommet are junk das boot is ok for now found several loose bolts found bout to go get my torque wrenches from work and opwn my book and go thru the whole thing

Plugs?? Sounds fouled out..

No evidently im a bit of dumbass lol theres fuel but not alot disconect line to carb from petcock and in on position nada in reserve position streams like crazy so im guessing that either theres not enough fuel for on or theres something goofy with petcock tore the bike down a bit pulled plug it still looks new removed exhaust to lift it safely with the bike/atv lift removed my rear tire to replace bearings and now im stuck cause im not sure how to get them out

if you get the petcoc clean and working and still have problems remove the gas cap if it makes a sucking sound tank is not venting/ rollover valve is stuck oe bug neat in vent hose or kinked/ also disable the kickstand safety and flip the clutch diode around backwards

as for the bearings a long steel rod through the hole in 1 bearing to the other side of axil cant slightly ti catch bearing and whack it with a hammer / or / go to orileys they let u borrow tools for a deposit/ get a bearing puller kit its a slide hammer with lots of attachments and will do the trick.

or --- you can use a dremel ti cut it in half and work it out ... be careful its easy to cut to much and ruin the axel and or hub

Are you certain the boot is ok?

Increased rpm, dying on take off etc, all of what you listed are symptoms of the achilles heel of the blast. I would replace with the Dan's boot anyways.

Make sure your vent line is not clogged.

As for the bearings, remove rear wheel, spray some PB blaster around the edges and let it soak for about 10 minutes, then use a long ass screwdriver and a flashlight (to make sure you aren't pounding the inside of the wheel) and whack it with a hammer. Keep rotating it 90 degrees so it budges evently. Should come right out. Really whack it though, won't hurt the wheel so long as you are pounding on the bearing. Then use one of the old bearing and a big ass socket on top and gently pound in the new ones. Done. Takes me about 15 minutes, and 10 minutes of that is letting the PB soak.

And, don't forget the spacer in-between the bearings or you will be repeating the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast