Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "license plate relocation"

Okay I know there are so many different threads with so many different examples of how xb'ers have shredded off the cheese shredder and moved the license plate...BUT...I can't seem to find any good and simple instructions and/or pics of how to do the license plate aspect of it.

I plan on basically just hacking it all off, sanding it down and painting it which seems easy, just can't figure out a good way to rearrange the license plate without welding..

any clues/pics?

bend a metal plate, use 4 bolts to fit it to the fender and mount your license plate to that.

sounds easy enought.. I guess I gotta just check it out to see exactly where you are talking about the 4 bolts..

Lefox, could you maybe throw me a link that would contain a picture of what you are talking about?

easy enough, you can buy the thing...otherwise more or less copy it.

but instead if the star shape, just have it 1 plate without the reflector and you see the bolts on top (fitting)

you know, i still have NO idea where those four bolts bolt into.. but i havent looked closely at the underside of my tail section in a while i guess i just am missing something... those four bolt right on to my bike??

Thats what I did, Id imagine if you have the same torx screws under your tail it should be just as easy! Good luck!

Thanks Thaloc, if that will work for me I'll have to find a way to illuminate it as here in DC as well as in neighboring VA and MD I need a white light that will make it visible from 50 feet.. I wouldn't care if I had a license probably.. thanks for the help!

Glad to help, on a side note we have the same illumination law here in Washington state, iv had cops behind me with my plate just like that and no probs. It'd have to be a real dick cop to write you a ticket for that.

Yeah I think you're right... and its a non issue during the day... so that's half the time right there I don't need to worry about it..

I just took a look and my underside is a bit different.. so did you just bolt the license plate right into the plastic?

I guess I never thought of doing that, otherwise i need to come up with some sort of bracket that branches off the two bolts that hold the tailight section on and would probably require longer bolts.. hmmmm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast