Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance

My dad left me a buell xb12ss and I would like to know besides a chip witch I have already. What else can I do I need some major power up grades. Any help would be great

Exhaust, k&n filter, custom tune, larger cc displacement....

Chip? Ruffles or regular?

Chip? Ruffles or regular?
    Ruffles definitely! The ridges help hold the dip!

Major power upgrades? How much do you wan to spend? An exhaust system and a matching tuned ECM will net you the most noticeable, "easy" power increase. After that, you'll have to be prepared to spend a bunch of money with a decrease in reliability.

Another option is a forced induction system/turbo, but that's very expensive (around 4 or 5 grand).

For the type of bike your Buell is, the nice rumble of an aftermarket exhaust and the nice bump in power, will bring a smile to your face and make for a very enjoyable ride.

My .02

Thank you vey much for all the opinions. I have put on a k&n filter and a jardine gp1 exhaust. As I said earlier it already had racing ECM. But, now I have a big problem. I was riding the bike last week, coming home. All of the sudden it backfires really loud, and looses all power. I sputtered in to a gas station thinking it out of fuel. That was not the problem. Looking for any help to what problem might be?

I should also add that, I replaced spark plugs 3 weeks ago with NGK iridiums. I also plugged in ECM spy and no codes have been pulled.

I know it sounds weird, but if you can get it to run, try doing a datalog and paying particular attention to the IAT sensor. I was chasing it down for 6 weeks because I couldn't get any codes. Mine did what you were describing also.

So what exactly does it do? Does it run at all?

Check for loose battery connections and loose ground cables. I believe there is a ground under the seat and at the steering neck(although I have a firebolt so it may be different on a lightning).

Then I'd verify plugs are tight, then do a TPS reset and AFV reset. Did you do a TPS reset when you changed the intake/exhaust?

No I haven't done TPS reset yet. And I did have a battery ground come loose few days before. Could it be that simple? I was thinking maybe fuel filter water in gas.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast