Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School me on Mustangs

I realize this is off topic, but you guys knows everything.

My fiancee and I are starting to look at another car to get once we get married in August. She just landed a solid job, and I am expecting a promotion at the end of June. We aren't buying right now, but I want to start looking and narrowing down on what we are looking at. i want something sporty, but with enough room in it to enjoy it, and that will have enough weight and what-not to handle winter. I am not a Ford guy, but the Mustang has really been growing on me. I like that it's not tiny like a 350Z, can handle winters (i have heard) with good snow tires, decent gas mileage (V6), etc.

What can you guys tell me about them? I know a lot of you love Suburus and I think they make a solid car and the AWD is sick, but I just can't stand Suburu from a looks standpoint.

Anyway, I am just rambling. We have around 10k to spend. And I want the 05+ mustangs.

Thoughts?

A new off the show room floor v6 mustang goes for just over 23,000 I believe not sure how you feel about financing. The have a little bit more interior room then they did in say 96-97 and better weight distribution too. Plus they're fun to drive

I won't go new of the floor, definitely used, private party. I want to be able to pay cash and not have any loan over my head.

My wife has owned four Mustangs since we have been together and they have not been bad cars. Her first was a V6 and the other three were GT's. Two of them were the 05+ body style, all but one(V6)were convertible's. First, they do not have a lot of room in them. I am 5'10" and can not sit in the back seat comfortably. It is not a problem for us because I usually drive and we don't have any kids. I personally would get the V8 because of the extra power and the fuel mileage is just as good. We would average about 25 miles per gallon on the hwy, 17 mpg in the city. I live in the south so I don't know how it will be in snow. I'm personally a GM guy, and have always been. I finally got her in one(she drives a Hummer now), but it won't be long and she will be back in her mustang convertible(She drives her Hummer with her pink Mustang hat on). Anyway, it's an overall good car. Yes I have turned a few wrenches on them, but I guess that's anything you drive. I hope this helps. Have a blessed day!

Bobby

I guess I meant big relative to sports cars and coupes. I like the 350Z, but there is no back seat and it's just SO small. They seem like they would be a blast to drive, and be a good all-around car to have while still enjoying driving it each time I get in her.

My rx8 never lets me down. Its a two door and i have a kid. Those rear suicide doors really give it a sports car look handle and feel its quick as hell but it is also family practical. Gas mileage isnt so great but i have absolutly fallin in love with the car. Just something else to consider :-)

BTW i hate mustangs. I like my vehicles to be uniqe. Hence why i have a rotary powered rx8 and a v twin sports bike :-) what can i say i like to stand out

Everybody has a mustang but in all reality they are good cars i personally just caint stand them

I have a 2000 V6 Mustang the I Love and would never get a GT it gets great gas milage and with the custom bodywork I have on it it gets plenty of looks, and its also for sale ;) message me if your interested. I just had to use this thread to try and sell the car lol. the wife is making me get rid off the mustang or the Buell, so the car must go lol, anyways sorry to threadjack, but my two cents are go for a mustang!

Only Mustangs have V8’s and manual transmissions. V6 Fords are rental cars. Not trying to be a jerk but even my wife makes fun of guys who drive “Mustangs” with V6 motors. 2005 and up are also known as S197 platform’s which are pretty darn good cars and I see highish mileage 2005’s for 14 to 15 grand. The 1979-1993 (I think) are known as the FOX platform and 1994-2004 and known as the SN95 (FOX) cars. I may be off a year on the FOX-SN95 split but 1979-2004 are basically all FOX platforms with the 03-04 SVT the best of the FOX as far as performance goes off the show room floor. But unfortunately all are crap in snow.

I would like to point out that the 3.7 V6 has 305 horses. The previous generation (4.6l) GT V8 had 300 horses. SO tell me - what's wrong with a V6? No really.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast