Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: intake boot

The part number is 27443-00Y They're around $15 + shipping. You can find them at lots of internet Harley parts sellers by searching the part number.

I do use the stock oem 27443-00Y with the middle ridge removed to make them.
    And I do sell replacements if you don't want to do it yourself for $25 shipped.

Thank you to all my fans who give out my info!!

Thumpe rocks!
    EZ

Hi guys I had a supply problem with H-D with the stock boots an haven't had the SuperBoot available since Sept.
    It's been a long process of getting one made to my specs the Mfg. called me yesterday an they finely got the mold in an I should have them available again real soon SuperBoots and Replacement Boots.

Mr. Thumpe: I contacted you a few weeks back thru ebay and you sd that. Because I needed one immediately I called one of the local HD dealers and they had plenty of OEM in stock so I bought one for $15.50 + tx. They call it a manifold coupler. Its basically a 50 cent peice of rubber. It does not make sense that you cannot get them from HD or some other supplier of rubber hose. I thought you used the OEM rubber peice and did something with that to strengthen the ends / clamps connections??

H-D changed there ruling that customers can not order large amounts of anyone part anymore it's considered stocking or for resale I was ordering 20 at a time.
    I did use a modified stock boot but now i'm having them made to my specs an I wish they only cost 50 cent but that's not the case.
    It's been a long 7 month from going from a drawing to getting the part in hand got my first samples yesterday got to make a couple of adjustments to the rubber compounds where using I should have them available by next weekend.

well I kind of more meant that HD dealer is charging me $15+ tx for a 50 cent peice of rubber because they do buy them in bulk. The Blast died last night and I had to do a take the carb apart thing in a parking lot at 3am not sure if reapplying boot or dropping bottom half of fuelbowl/carb that did it but i got it home eventually

ok Thumpe again, on side topic: Buell Blast Bent Series Intake Straight Filter- Partial Intake OT INCLUDED WITH THIS INTAKE - MY CUSTOM INTAKE BOOT AND CATCH CAN BREATHER.
    I hate all that plastic air intake box crap in my way trying to work on bike - this sounds great. My only concern is about rejet the carb. I work on cars, but I know nothing about working on carbs. What specs or info can you say about that?

Jets are right in under the floatbowl main and pilot both it's an easy change.
    What exhaust would you be running with my intake?

Well I got some samples of the new boot but need to make a change on the mold after the fix be alittle longer now I'll be up an running again soon i'm almost there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast