Thread: '06 XB12R Firebolt Engine "Knock"

So I recently purchased my XB12R with 2800 miles on it. Like a dips%$t I did not service the bike. I wanted to wait until my 5K. Long story short I now have a Noticeable Knock. Not a tick and not a normal Harley sound. I checked the oil when I started to hear the knock and of course it was low. No oil light or service engine light. But it was low. Primary chain? Piston slap? God forbid connector rod bearing or crank bearing? Any ideas, advice, and all jokes are welcome! Thanks and safe riding Buellers!

Searching any and all ideas on cooling this thing down! Any advice out there? 2006 XB12r

I actually just posted this on another guys post with heat issues. Well one thing that you can do is run full synthetic oil. I run AMSOIL and I love it always have and I have over 30k on my bike no issues. I also installed the RSS right side scoop from Harley its the comfort kit that I think came on the Uly but it bolts right up, its cheaper than the competitors, and looks more symetrical. Then you can google odie hawk, I think thats his name and he makes a custom air box heat shield and a seat heat shield. You could also install the Race ECM because this will richen up the fuel inturn more power and cooler bike, plus they set the Race ECM up to run the fan more than stock. I really hope this helps you.