Thread: Blast Replacement Tires

Hey everyone!

I'm a new Blast owner and new to the world of motorcycle riding. Having a lot of fun so far.

I have a question though. My 2001 has stock brand Dunlop K330's on it. The tread isn't too bad but there are some signs of cracking in between the treads and some on the side walls. I was wondering what would be good replacement tires. I'm not looking for anything with ultra performance but an upgrade from stock is always a good thing. Something that will be good for both wet and dry conditions. I also want some tires that I will get decent mileage out of before having to replace them. One last thing is should I go with stock size or is there any benefit to go slightly wider/lower profile if possible at all.

Thanks!

Last week I had brand new tires put on. Same reason, tires had cracks and dry rot. I spent 190 on stock size Pirelli. Great tire. The local HD dealer had free install.

The pirellis are great tires, get the perelli diablo oversized scooter tires 160/70 16 and 110 /70 16.

I also reccomend the Pirelli Diablo Scooter Tire. Got a set on my blast, and they are excellent.

I switched from Pirelli MT 75 tires (also a very good tire) to the Diablos, and saw a great handling upgrade...

I'm running the Pirelli MT 75 tires right now but I'm probably switching to the Diablos when the time comes. The rear Pirelli is the 140/70/16, but the front comes in 110/70/16 and 110/70P/16. I know the P is a speed rating of up to 93 mph, but what is the non P tire rated for? I'm assuming the P rated tire is the one to get?

Thanks for the input. How are the Diablo's for tread wear? I imagine with good handling they would be softer and wear a little faster? I do notice that the Dunlops I have on now seem pretty hard.

With going to a wider tire front and/or back, are there any issues with clearance? I heard some clearance issues with the rear swing arm on earlier Blasts or are they the same for all model years?

Going with a 110/70/16 in the front and a 140/70/16 in the rear should require no modifications.

As for tread wear: My Pirelli MT75 tires got 5000 miles out of the front, and 2500 on the rear. For the Pirelli Diablo tires, I know that people are getting 8000-10000 miles on the front, and 5000 on the rear....

If those mileage figures on the Diablos are accurate they seem like a no brainer over the MT 75s.