Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race tuner needed

Hello all,

I'm new to the Buell family & after 30+ years on 2 wheels my 1125R makes me feel like I did when I got my first Honda minitrail 50 so many years ago. Still pullin bugs outta my teeth! I had the D&D pipe installed & need a tuner bad. I've heard Buell & DirectLink are working on one but haven't released anything yet. Does anybody have any info on this matter? thanks

There is no tuners for the 1125R's as of yet. Some are due to release around the 1st of the year, hopefully.

Thanks, I need a K&N filter anyway & would like to do both @ same time. Any eta on K&N out there?

December....

you can measure your stock filter and find a match in the k&n catalog at your local auto parts store. i dont remember the part # but they do offer one that fits. its not cheap though. bout $65.
    oh....
    DYNA sells tuning software for 2008 harleys that claims it will tune the 1125r. i havent researched it but you might check it out.

If you haven't done it already,
    I hear the '09 map makes all the difference in the world...

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

"You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a LOANER, Robbie. A rebel."

--Pee Wee HermBuelly

Talked to a DirectLink rep friday morning & he guarantees they have a tuner available for the 1125r, I'll investigate further & DYNA. The K&N for a Ford 4L V6 is the ticket (part #33-2207). I'm hearing alot of guys are removing their inner airbox covers & are VERY pleased w/ the results & no problems have occured. Anybody tried that yet? thanks for the info

Well then they need to tell Al at American Sportbike that, because he is one of the main sellers of that and he told me all the dates I told you.

The direct link software must be a new or different version than the one we have at the shop. Ours doesn't list that capability.

I tried to get w/ Al today & verify but he was really busy so I'll try again tomorrow. I had left message w/ rep prior to making this post so when he called Friday I questioned the situation as best I could. I'll go by Al's word & probably wait it out

No need to call Al, talked to Technoresearch this morning & the rep jumped the gun! NO tuner available yet. I called the rep & got him on the same page. Thanks guys for your input! saved me some wasted time. I got the 0505 reflash done the other day & it helped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast