Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "custom" sliders

I think it is a cool idea. Skateboard wheels really aren't that grippy. Keep up the good work.

**** you, I'm out.

First...That wasn't my comment about gripping.

2nd...It's a shear calculation. Your way only has to shear off a bolt since your bar isn't part of your slider (not to mention that the axle has different through hole sizes on either side) while our way has to shear through the bolt AND the aluminum. This provides additional strength. We were replying at the same time. It may not shift significantly as I had originally thought from your original post but the difference in shear force is real.

No need to get confrontational. I certainly am not trying to do that. I was just trying to give some of my knowledge and experience on the subject. It doesn't really matter to me in the end if you agree or not and I sincerely hope you don't have to find out the hard way. I'm not about to get into a web argument about it as that would be worthless.

I cant tell from your pics - did you use a coupler in the middle or a bolt on the other end? I think I would probably trust metal sliders a bit more in a high speed incident but I cant see why this wouldnt work for someone like myself who is, again, Buellin' on a budget.

im gonna put bmx pegs on mine then i can bunny hop and do other sweet tricks

I applaud the effort. Everyone can debate until they are blue in the face :( but if someone is willing to take a chance and try it out, then I say go for it and keep us updated on the results if that unfortunate situations ever occurs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12