Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XB12s Weird Problem

if ur battery connections r loose u'll be able to tell (at nite) because ur lights will flicker bright/dim & it will stumble/spudder as well.

if ur regulator has gone out then ur dashboard will flicker on/off and will eventually die again & again

if its the TPS, then it will seem to stumble at low/gear speeds and not so much at high speed

maybe the main fuse is damaged, or ur battery is on the way out

It doesn't stumble at low gear, Still trying to figure out why it wouldn't start up once I road it down to my buddies house. Then after running my fingers over the connections it started right up. I played with all the wires while it was running and it never died or stumbled. I did notice that my cables loosened up again and were able to move the wire terminals. Nothing flashes in my dash when this stumble/spudder happens. Only happens when accelerating. Is the information I was given by Max correct about not benefiting from getting a race emc from eric buell but I could remap my stock ecm this weekend with his help ?

they do have open/closed loop when the ecm is learing ur riding patterns but shouldnt happen frequently.

the variations are tricky too:
    race can only will work
    hi-flo only will work
    race can/hi-flo with race tuner works
    re-map with race can works

,,,that i can remember that is

So with my Jardine/High Flo air filter and airbox/breath mods I should be running a race ECM then ?

with a race can, hi-flo app u r allowing more air in faster and more air/fuel out faster. with a stock ecm,ddfi thats open/closed loop its difficult to keep up with the air/fuel ratios.

the race tuner allows/compensates for it. a custom map i think will work but it has to be associated with the application ur running as far as race cans/air filter/breather mods

have heard only good things from Max (Octapus)so im sure he can work things out for you with the tuning.

ebr i think custom maps their ecms to fit ur bikes set-up, and Randy (Hawk exhausts) has downloads for most applications too

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping that solves my issue. Although I'm still scratching my head about what happen last night how I road it to my buddies turned it off, maybe 5 minutes later try to start it again and nothing..It would crank right over but nothing else. Then I ran my fingers over the wires under the seat and it started right up. I continued to run my fingers over the wires while it was running and it never died or showed any signs of anything wrong....

Update: I cleaned my wire terminals and connections and snugged them up good and tight. I did find a funny looking fuse in the 30amp spot for the battery so I replaced all my fuses with new ones. Checked continuity and ohmed all my cables. The ones that should be reading continuity were ready .2 ohms. ground's ect ..I took it out for a quick spin and accelerated hard through the gears and no Sputtering,bogging, or cutting out. Hopefully that was the issue and be able to get a nice tune with Max this weekend. Thanks for all the pointers and information. Greatly appreciate you guys !! Sincerely RickyBooby

....spoke to soon. Its doing the same thing as last night. I took it for a ride came back let it sit for 15 minutes wheeled it out of the garage and now it wont start. I hear the fuel pump kick on but I'm guessing no spark...Thinking its my coil, Any suggestions ? Or things I can check ?

Would a battery cause any of this? I pulled my three grey little cubes out of my fuse back and re installed them. And it had a hard time kicking over but then fired up...

Battery update:: While running the battery voltage is 12.3 when the key is off the voltage is 12.08 with the key on but the bike not running the voltage is 11.63...Now the battery has fallen to the point it wont roll the motor over..Guessing its my battery..What should be the charging voltage on these bikes?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast