Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeaking on acceleration

I had similar symptoms on one of my Buells. It turned out to be the bearings for the belt tensioner were seizing up causing the belt to ride over the idler pulley and causing a squeak. Take a look at your idler pulley and see if the black finish has started to wear off. You can also look for discoloration on your belt.

Its detonation. You can verify this by getting the bike hot, then reset AFV using ecmspy to a high value, try to duplicate the noise bet it goes away.

I fought this noise for a long time, some tuning and never hear it.

IDK....A 'squeak' is a word more associated with a higher pitch sound. Detonation is more of a knock than a squeak. Good luck.............

Detonation will sound sort of like marbles or loose change rattling in a tin can.

Inactive
    It turned out to be the bearings for the belt tensioner
    that right there and check if belt is touching one of the guards that might worked itself loose.

...A 'squeak' is a word more associated with a higher pitch sound. Detonation is more of a knock than a squeak...
    Perhaps this reference will help:D

Thanks Go- ! That made me chuckle!! :) I was a service Advisor years ago at a car dealership....it is SO difficult to come to an understanding sometimes! Then other times, the customer could immitate the sound almost perfectly! It was downright entertaining sometimes! It IS good we have guys on here that can give him all kinds of pointers to look for though!

Unless youve experienced a high rpm detonation youd never know what it sounds like. Generally detonation at idle will make a "knock" kinda noise, but at higher rpms it sounds more like a "ping" or squeak.

How can any of you justify hearing a belt rub or tensioner bearing squeak under hard accel and high speeds, unless your bike is electric and air isnt a factor where you live.

It appears to be an issue with 08 buells with exhaust mods, the closed loop region is very rich, driving AFV down, so under hard accel a global correction applied is too lean, leading to detonation at high rpms making squeak sounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12