Thread: Drive Belt Uneven Wear

Hey guys, have a question for you about my drive belt. I was looking at it and noticed some odd wear marks on the inside of the belt. I'm talking on the ribs on the belt that ride on the transmission output pulley and around the ring on the back wheel. The marks almost seem like the belt is coming into contact with something. When looking from the back of the bike there appears to be a plate or guide on the inside of the output pulley. The marks on the ribs almost look as if the belt may ride up on that guide. I haven't noticed anything odd when riding the bike but I am concerned something is not right and I may wear the belt out too early. I'll get a pic and post it tomorrow. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

So I snapped a pic of the belt. You can see how it looks like something is making it wear on the inner side. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

The marks on your belt are usually caused by a damaged / chiped tooth on one of your pulleys. A sharp edge is cutting into the belt.

Yep the pulley front and back need to be checked. Is your Belt cover on the bike to keep debree from causing damage? Also check the rear wheel to see if it is properly aligned and with rear wheel off the ground roll it checking pulleys and wheel bearings also for wear.The Idler pully might want to check it out while you are at it. Never really seen an Idler pulley do a belt that way but always a first time.Make sure to check your Axles holding bolt at the rear UNDER the axle right side to see if it has slightly come loose.This way you cover it all on the rear areas Ride Safe.*Jimi