Thread: regretable decision

At the time I bought my 08 scg,it was late 07 and I could have chosen an 07 model,but since there was no dif in price and nobody knew no race kit would be available,and the new ecu not programable,I couldnt see the advantage. if so, I would have tuned and reformated it a long time ago,and learned alot about it in the process.If you dont have an 08 or later, I can see how you dont realize what a total hassle it has been to utilize all the knowlege ive accumulated through the years,with all the obsticals the new ecu caused.All the programable solutions of an 07 are not even possible on an 08 or later.

Big business...

You can still program the 08+ it's just not a necessarily easy method.

Yep, and we can also thank the e.p.a. for its continued effort to make engines and there devices less tamperable.

Ill trade you an 04 for it. It even has the factory hole in the frame for the turbo. :D

Wolfo68,is there anyone on this forum who has done this sucessfully on there own 08?Ive been searching,this and other forums,and havnt heard from one.What I hear is someone can, and its possible,but not from anyone rideing there own 08 who actually did it successfully.I only heard of one who tried and destroyed his and was in the market for a used ecu.I have also heard a later ecu can learn to run better w/ pipe /air cleaner mods.the fact is ,it can only maintain the over lean afr it came with within a very small perameter.Its not any different from earlier ecu' s ,except it is tamperable,unlike the 08.

had all the same problems with my 09 took me a year of b/s before i bought the programable one from ebr.

Xopti

You guys need to get in touch with theOctopus (tuniversity). I purchased one of his webinar sessions then was able to go out and completely retune my ECM on my 2010 scg in a matter of hours. I had made major gearing changes, D&D, open airbox to name a few and now it's running better and stronger than it did brand new after the tuning.