Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield, MO XB9R 03' issue

ive never really took pics of it lol so i used the ones that were already taken lol

Here are some pictures I took Today

My front bearings went out on me on my 03 XB9R. Mine were demolished. If you have a way to take off the front wheel you can check them then closer. You may have already fixed it and I didn't see it. i was mesmerized by those chrome wheels.:D By the way how much did that cost?

By the way how much did that cost?
    If I remember correctly it was about $550 about 6 years ago.

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I actually live in Springfield also! I am currently looking to trade my 03 ninja 636 for a buell. I absolutely love the way they look and sound. My problem comes in with the power and torque difference between my bike and the buell.

You see I have never ridden a buell, and I just don't know if I could deal with a loss of 30 horses (I read the xb9 has 92hp) even though I'm gaining about 20 ft/lbs of turque.

Does anyone know of a dealer in town that has one for sale that I could test drive? Also this is a weird question, but if anyone would feel comfortable, which I wouldn't blame anyone at ALL if you didn't, could we meet up in town and go for a short ride and swap bikes for a few miles? I have been riding since I was 17 and I'm now 24, plus I would never do anything stupid with someone else's bike.
    Man, did you just miss out.... I just took my 9s up to your work to check out the 636. I live about a mile away from Oreillys. I think I'd be willing to let you try out the bike if you want to see how the Buell rides. It's an 03 9s with a race kit. Nick said you'll be there Saturday. If I can get a minute I'll cruise up there.

jwarren: if you can get the front end off of the ground you can free spin the wheel, it will let you know if it is a bearing issue or not. A floorjack and a strong friend can do this. Is the bike rideable?

it is rideable yes just hat aquard sound is getting worse.

Ha! That's awesome! Who are you? I don't remember a blue buell ever stopping by. Yeah I'll be there Saturday, but I have to work from 12:00 till 9:15. I could come a little early if you weren't busy or my lunch break would be around 3 or 4.

I saw an XB9s a few days ago in Republic turning left onto Main st off hwy 60. bout half a mile down the road from oreillys

Anyone from here?

If it has blue plastics, then that guy works at Reliable Chevrolet. I have talked to him a couple of times.

jwarren here is the place I got the undertail, and the guys name is Al he has a very good knowledge of Buells. www.americansportbike.com

As a update to this thread. It was a right front wheel bearing that was bad. Quick and fairly easy repair and jwarren back on the road craving corners again. It was nice to see ole blue again. Thanks for letting me ride my old bike again, brought back some good memories!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast