Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Race ECM vs ECMSpy

Are you in the US? I can send you a cd with the program, drivers, and a bunch of maps, and tuning guides/tutorials/etc.

What year is your bike?
    I would love that if you have something that would work for 06 xb9sx. Thanks

I would love that if you have something that would work for 06 xb9sx. Thanks
    I didn't offer to you....

jk :)

PM me your address.

I'm totally lost on this stuff as well. I have an 08 XB12Scg, and need it to be tuned. This tunerpro stuff sounds like greek to me everytime I read posts about xdf files and msq....I dont know what any of that stuff is. I'm a mechanic, not a computer programmer.

I understand what it all does, just not how to do it, I'm worried about changing something and kaboom.

Also, I had emailed EBR this morning about their ecm's with some questions about the air fuel ratio they set it to and what the rev limiter is. and this was the response I got about them.

"AFR's are not in any way the whole story. The EBR race ECM's are custom programmed for each exhaust type, with different fuel maps and spark maps. It takes about 12 hours on the dyno plus a lot of riding to optimize these. The rev limiter is the same as stock, because the H-D based motors are very vulnerable to damage if the rpm's are raised."

Seems like they put some time into setting these up for each exhaust.

^^Same here, 08 Scg. DL'd TunerPro full, but every time I dig in my heels to try and sort out all the do's and don'ts, I end up with information overload. I haven't yet connected to the ECM but maybe it'll all come together then. Maybe I'll do what Xopti suggested and DL TunerPro Lite.

Looking forward to examining Xopti's 08+ DDFI3 xdf and adf files.

As many have said before, back up your stock map BEFORE making ANY changes or reflashing.

Hey there guys, i had a question, i have a 2003 Buell XB9R with the factory race setup (dual exhaust, race ecm, and k&n filter) i bought an ECMSPY cable and got the disk with fuel maps and tuning guide on it, i mostly bought it so i could do my own TPS reset but is there anything else that i can do with it to get more performance out of my bike? i definatly dont wanna go in and start changing stuff when i dont know what im doing and screw something up but im curious as to what maps i have in my ecm and etc, since i have the race ecm does it already have the race fuel maps in it? sorry for dumb questions im just kinda in the dark, any light anyone could shed on it for me would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

race ecm is the same as race maps, so you already have that. I wouldn't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing. I have a general idea and am still scared to try to tune it. The most I do is burn other maps that I know work to my bike.

Hello,

To start I would appreciate any help. I am having trouble figuring out how to upload the maps from a disk to the onscreen program (ecmspy). It has got to be some sort of oversight. I can view the map file on the disk via wordpad or notebook and see all the numbers/letters in columns and rows.... Im just not sure how to get them from the disk to the progam... Has to be something silly... I appreciate it.

New to the forums.
    Looks like I found the great place for some help. I have a 04 xb12s and am looking for the ecmspy and the race map. Is there anyone that could point me into the right direction?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tallen, got your PM and replied.

03BuellUSA, once ecmspy is open, go to "file", "load eeprom". Make sure to back your eeprom and maps up several times first though. I mean no offense, but doesn't sound like you know what you're doing, I'd be very careful messing around with it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast