Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Race ECM vs ECMSpy

I've started to read on ECM and ECMSpy here and now, I'm totaly lost...

I got the Daytona TwinTec "Twin tuner" and it's crap... From what I understand by reading here, it's just changing the signal from the ECM to the injectors and it makes my bike run lean and reduce the lifetime of my engine.

I read a lot of post here speaking of ECMSpy...
    my question is, what the hell is an ECMSpy and what is the difference between it and the Race ECM from EBR

Race ECM

is it correct to say that ECMSpy is just a program you install on a pc and you connect it to your bike and it re-programms your stock ECM to a "Race ECM?

for a guy like me who love his bike, will it worth the shot and pay the 625$ shown on EBR site?

I particullary like the part where they say "not for street use..." is it that true???

I dont like the idea of my bike running lean with this "Twin Tec thing"... oddly connected with wires that I dont understand where they go...
    Because, from what I understand again is that the ECMSpy programm is no longer available and hard to find, manage et understand...

thanks guys

ecmspy lets you look at your eeprom and current stats, pull trouble codes and edit values.

you can tune your bike with it and keep track of anything suspicious that it may be doing.

the ecm from ebr is programmed to a specific pipe that they've tuned at the factory.

buying the cable and tuning it yourself for your conditions will give you a more appropriate tune.

talk to max at the tuniversity for tuning help ------>

Ecmspy is great, I'd spend the $50 or so to get the cable, get ecmpsy for free, then burn the race map for free. You'd have the same thing as the preprogrammed ecm, for less, plus all the benefits of ecmspy. And could still custom tune down the road if you wanted to.

So, the stock ECM in my bike is programmable with the SpyECM. the only thing I have to do is to buy the cable, get the SpyECM, get rid of my Daytona Twin thing, get a race map to load in my ECM and do the magic thing with SpyECM, a reset of the TPS and voilĂ*, my bike will get more performance and the lifetime of my engine will be longer?

Pretty much

Are you in the US? I can send you a cd with the program, drivers, and a bunch of maps, and tuning guides/tutorials/etc.

What year is your bike?

my bike is a 2009, I'm in canada but I have a fellow worker who lives in the US and do the trip every weekend...

Sorry I don't believe what I have will work for 2008+ bikes.

yep, '08+ need TunerPro, still free, and a lot more powerful than ECMSpy, definitely go ton the Tuniversity if you are a "Noob"

Newbie question. I have an '03 XB9S with the factory race kit (ECM, pipe, K&N). The bike runs great. Is there anything that I should consider doing with ECMSpy that the factory race ECM shouldn't already be doing?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast