Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swapping x1 dash onto blast

I know I see it somewhere on here or the old fourm. I just got a x1 dash and I'm trying to find wiring diagrams for the x1 and the blast. I know I've seen it in a pic but I can't find it.

are you sure it was a x1 dash and not a m2? i dont think a x1 would fit with blast the windscreen on. people switch it for the m2 all the time though

A Buell tach, odom, & speedometer combo may be Mothumper610's objective. I know I've thought about it. Anyone know a work around to fit an X1 or XB.com custom dash onto a P3?

yes x1. just a little dremmel work around the key switch and on the mounting hole and its on. now the harder part is wiring its giving me a headache. i have power to both gauges and have the tach hooked up to the coil but the tach is jumpy and will only top 2K. after reading all the diagrams i thought i had this figured out but its looking like its gonna be a two day project now

also no signal to the speedo :(

rough fit

no one has anything on this!!!

Ive given up on this for the time being. I can't let my bike rest in the garage for too long. Using a spark multiplier seem to be the way to make the tach work but I'm having a hard time finding one.
    Further more I've come to the conclusion that my speedo desnt work so back to the stock speedily but keeping the x1 dash. Possibly looking at aftermarket speedily and tach. Now if only I can get the dumby lights to work right.

Still thumpin

I don't think the tach is designed for a single. When choosing a tach you must find one that is designed for single cylinder applications. Usually they have a button in the rear that you press as instructed and it changes the number of cylinders that you are using.

I have seen the casing used with the gauge of the blast retained and then an aftermarket tach used in place, but never just a pure swap. Good luck though, not sure if you will ever be able to get it up and running as it should.

Good luck with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast