Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inside of the hawk exhaust

as promised here are the pictures

holding the pieces on that broke off

there is a piece of sheet metal welded on the inside, there is also some muffler packing under the sheet. if you look closely you can see pieces of it sticking out.

Last edited by konarider94; 10-03-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Chunky monkey welding. (no offense mr. hawk:D)

How much do these run you guys?

Keda ftw

...So the question then becomes: anyone that has a hawk exhaust still think they're worth the money? Don't feel like shelling out the cash for the higher quality options, but this is quite discouraging.

I just received a pre-programmed ECM for a hawk exhaust from EBR, anticipating my purchase. Would I be better off exchanging it for an EBR exhaust for a stock exhaust? Sheesh, glad I saw these pics, thanks Kona.

Yikes. ...really hope you didnt put this guy out of business. Apparently he's a super nice guy and does this because he truly loves buells. And also offering a budget exhaust alternative for people.

I motion for one of the moderators to close this thread and get rid of these pictures IMO

+1 rep to you.

I agree with goduc. Randy is a good guy, I dont think he deserves this.

I have a Hawk on both my XB and my Tuber and they were certainly worth the money. If I buy another Buell, I will probably by another Hawk. Randy is a great guy and I am very pleased with his products.
    So there. :p

wasnt my intention to personally harm him but i feel like i was misled about the whole thing. when the piece broke off on the inside he told me to just pull it out of the end and that it didnt even need to be in there (it doesnt fit out the end). never offered to fix it for me. he just told me my pipe was probably rusty.

if you are looking for a loud cheap pipe this is still a good way to go if you dont have fab skills and or time. for build quality and performance it is not a good option. its not like there is a patent on the product. there are other pipes out there that have been cut apart as well. being nice will only get you so far. i didnt even bring up the part where my pipe was shipped before the paint dried and the packing peanuts stuck to the pipe. i had to sand and repaint the pipe i paid to have modified.

Its a BUDGET pipe bro. For people who Cant or Wont shell out more money for a drummer or race pipe or any other exhaust

And if Youre pissed on principle you should be just as pissed that a drummer is a gutted can that he charges you out the ass for

And the jardine is notorious for falling apart from heat damage if not kept fully packed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast