Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting LSS & RSS

Has anyone painted their LSS or RSS for a gloss finish? If so it would be great to see a write-up and pics of it. I've seen one pic on here from a distance but no up close shots.

Just bought a RSS and wanted to paint it before I install

If you dont do the gloss black on both sides, VHT wrinkle black looks pretty good.

I painted ArmyMP09's asb fiberglass right side scoop.

I don't remember the name but I know someone had painted theirs a glossy blue color a while back.

Did mine just primed with a primer made for plastic then laid 3 coats duplicolor paint shop jet black . Then 3 dupli color clear. Used hvlp, sanded w 600 grit in btween color coats 400 primer coats came out pretty damn good. Just make sure you sand the texture off the scoops between primer coats before switching to paint.

Nice job buellbradski, the finish looks good from far away. Any closer pics.

Im also on the fence about color. I have blue plastics but might go blak with tru fire airbrushing any ideas anyone? Maybe a buell logo.

If i have time this weekend i will take a couple close ups . It would prolly be difficult to match blue perfect and im having a hard time picturing what gloss black would look like. Maybe match the grapite grey of the frame with blue air brushing would look good?

Oh and i also painted my pully cover and oil cooler scoop

hey oh9bolt, that scoop come like that? or did you cut the end off? its all flat where the usual uly scoop has a lip on the end

buellbradski , nice about the pully cover and oil cooler scoop. Cant wait to see some pics.

Graphite might look good, but someone on here said they have color codes for all of the plastics, so i might look into that.

i agree the color would look best to match if you can get the codes thats the way i would go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast