Thread: FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

RUMOR HAS IT.....A DODGE CARAVAN F/P REG WILL WORK ON XB BUELLS. SUPPOSEDLY TO BE 400 KP. ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CONFIRMATION OF THIS. IF SO....WHAT APPLICATION OF CARAVAN?

IDK I CANT HEAR WITH ALL THE YELLING

i do know this about the fuel pump though. maybe it will help

"fuel pump for a 03 musntang V6, part number E2366 at autozone XB fuel pumps are made by Walbro and are model #521"

Thanks!! Sorry for the yelling! (Sometimes I'm just too lazy to type "right":)) I have an XB9SX I'm a litle dissappointed with. It's essentially all stock,with the exception of a Jardine. It only makes 71 and 73 HP on two DIFFERENT dynos. I had an issue right after I bought it with it overheating and splitting the coil open. It did this twice in about 330 miles.As the ECM triggers the coil after IT gets its info from the pick-up, I thought it had to be the ECM.It was charging the front cylinder side of the coil and kept it charged.I had cleaned all the grounds after it popped the first one.My local Harley dealer helped me out.(Believe or not! They are good guys at Iron Valley!).He had an ECM from a 12 in his race box that they re-flashed to a 9. Somehow in my mind I think this is where some of my power went, however it DID eliminate the coil issue!I just bought a one stock, unmolested 9 ECM from an '03....not sure it will work on my '05 as I know the '03 had their own injectors. My pump runs very slow past the 2-second prime (Key on/Engine off), so I want to pull the pump and fix the harness. I thought since I,m there,I'd put a new pump and regulator in there! I'm not your "average" tinkerer, as I'd built and dyno'd race engines for 19 years until the economy tanked in '08-'09! Any thoughts to my long winded post?!! (LOL!)

I discovered the Dodge caravan FPR cross-over. They fit just right and they are 400kPa vs the stock 338kPa. Stock fuel pressure and injectors will supply plenty of fuel to over 100hp, so there is no reason to swap unless you are pushing more power than that. I bought a Delphi FP10153 400kPa unit from RockAuto.com. Search for a FPR from a 1996 DODGE CARAVAN 3.3L V6 OHV. They cross-reference these models:

CHRYSLER CIRRUS (1995 - 2000)
    CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER 2000
    CHRYSLER SEBRING (1996 - 2000)
    CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY (1996 - 2000)
    CHRYSLER VOYAGER 2000
    DODGE CARAVAN (1996 - 2000)
    DODGE GRAND CARAVAN (1996 - 2000)
    DODGE NEON (1995 - 1996)
    DODGE STRATUS (1995 - 2000)

71hp/73ft/lbs is actually pretty typical for a XB9. I wouldn't expect much more until you install some go fast goodies.

Thanks for that info EricZ!! I have the "plan" to do the 3-13/16" bore with a bit more cam on a fairly tight lobe separation with a custom hybrid DarkHorse crank and Carrillo rods this winter. Now i just have to get the motivation to follow thru with it! For now I want to open the air box and get rid of that snorkel that runs thru the frame. I bought the "newer" style "tank" cover that has the screen opening and a K&N.I have the catch can/breather set-up as well. I don't want to do all this on a stock ECM though. I am contemplating am EBR ECM just for the ease of "plug and play" for right now. I've heard mixed reviews....who knows?! :-) I've tried getting hold of Max, but I know he is very busy. Quite honestly, I don't FEEL like investing the time in this set-up....especially if I do what I want this winter. I'd sure like to see around 90HP for the summer!

Bringing one back from the dead, I know. I pulled the fuel pump from my '07 Uly today, planning on rebuilding it with the kit purchased from Revision Moto. Upon laying out all the parts, I realized the Rev Moto kit had forgotten to include a FPR. So I went hunting for a locally-sourced replacement and found this thread. Thanks!