Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surging, chugging & flashing engine light.

I have a 2007 XB12R, 9,500 miles, Jardine RT-1, breather re-route, K&N filter & newly installed EBR tuned ECM.

About 2 weeks ago I installed a new EBR ECM tuned for a Jardine RT-1. Installed it, rode about 700 miles with no problems.

Then this morning I was cruising along at about 50mph & my engine light came on, all the gauges went to zero. So I started to slow down to stop, and the light went off. Got her going again & now there is a LOT of decel popping, and the bike is chugging & surging at all gears & all speeds.

Anyone with experience or tips I'd REALLY appreciate the help. I've never had any issues like this with the bike before.

Inactive
    did anyone get back to you on this? i'd work the problem backwards. if your bike ran well with stock ECM and you switched to the EBR and now have this problem, i would tend to think it is in the ECM. have you contacted EBR to get their thoughts on it? replacement? just curious

Nope, nobody with much help yet. But that was my thoughts too, I plan on switching out the ECMs this afternoon to check & see if it helps. Only thing that worries me is that the bike ran well for 700 miles between the time I installed the EBR ECM & now.

Switched out ECMs....if anything it ran worse. Not really sure what to do at this point. Checking all the wires plugs & grounds but everything seems fine.

What codes did it show?

Jump the pins and see what code it gives you.

Check this link out for which pins to jump:

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...77/146574.html

Inactive
    07bolt: these bikes run very rich when cold and i'm sure the EBR race ECM is rich across the fuel maps. do you have fouled plugs per chance? they'll give you fits if so. only takes an hour or so to change and if so, go with NGK iridium tips.

Thanks for the link. What does the diagnostic test plug look like? Pulled my seat off & can't see anything resembling an "empty pin connector". Maybe I'm just blind haha.

Found it. Under the faring, BadWeather link was talking about an S not an R.

lunatic fringe: Spark plugs were my next bet following the diagnostic test, that would hopefully be a pretty easy fix.

Update on the situation:

I installed some new NGK spark plugs, thank you lunatic fringe. Also drained the gas, and added some stabil & dry gas just incase it had any water in the tank/fuel lines.

Bike is running 100x better now! Thanks to everyone who offered tips or help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast