Thread: Headlight/Tailight Modulator?

Hi all.

Am thinking about getting a headlight and, possibly, a tailight modulator for my bike. Do any of you have opinions about them you'd be willing to share? 4 fatal m/c accidents in my county in the last month has got me considering them. Thanks

The same thing has happened around here. Im going to say that there is an increase because there is riders out there that have not kept up with the skills over the winter.

Happens every year. If it makes you feel safer then get em. They will deffinately get you more noticed, that is for sure. But it is no guarentee, you may still find the occasional meat head.

I have had no fewer than 4 people pull out infront of me, but I stick to the rules that have done me well over the years.
    1. ride like an idiot, only where sensible.
    2. when in traffic or where traffic can appear, ride like your invisible.
    3. never get complacient, pay attention.

They work for me!

Mark:

Thank you very much. Very good advice.

Ditto on what Mark said. I also have a tail light modulator calledBack-OFF XP . It has two wiring configurations. 3 quick flashes and then a long steady (repeat). 5 quick flashes and steady (No Repeat). It works awsome to getting the attention of the day dreaming fools behind me!

No problem upperb, anything to get more attention is good, just didnt want you to gett lulled into a sence of "this will protect me"

Personaly i would go with a back off before a headlight modualator, I think the front one would annoy me more than anything. But that is just me,
    Goodluck

City and Mark:

Again, thanks. Ordered headlight and tailight modulators from Kriss yesterday. No false sense of security will come from either of these devices. Not planning to dress up in blaze orange like a BMW rider, but, with more and more drivers on their phones, texting, etc., these devices seem to make some sense, even if my 'Bolt loses a minute amount of "cool factor".

upperb
    'Ordered headlight and tailight modulators from Kriss yesterday'
    Who or what is Kriss?

Kriss Motorcycle Products. According to reviews, among the better modulator units.