Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just traded my nightster for xb12s

hey all, brand new to the forum just wanted to check in and share some love for the buells
    first here's the bike...

already started pulling crap off, yesterday i lost the p-peg frames.

anyways, i really really love the handling and braking of this bike compared to my old sportie. it's a little tall for me so i will be going to a cg seat. also there is a bad flat spot just above idle. i am assuming it's because of the k&n intake and the exhaust valve delete done by the previous owner(stock ecm). i plan on changing the oil, spark plugs, new k&n(old one has a hole in it), EBR ECM, tps reset with centurion, and jardine rt-1 aluminum.

will start ordering parts monday, hopefully all goes well :)

hells ya, before you get anything ordered, bounce it off of those here, they will help you avoid mistakes

welcome to the family

FYI lots of folks hate the jardine

smart trade :).great looking bike welcome to the forum.

Jardines sound nice, but be careful, the rivets work themselves loose and need to be repacked, for the price keda is worth it if you have it. If you're on a budget id check out hawks. I have one and love it for the price!

I would save the money and get a different exhaust then the jardine. Though many like them they don't seem to last neither does the packing. I have a jardine in pieces. Poor construction

Look at xopti or drummer. Also hawk and special ops. They all mod the stock pipes. I have a custom hawk, sounds killer just not the most ideal for max power.
    You could also check out deans pipes, keda designs.

yeah right after i posted this i found a bunch of posts about crappy construction on the jardine muffler. i just sent randy an e-mail and will probably go with a hawk. love the way they sound(on video at least)and the stock muffler with dual tips looks great. max power doesn't really hold much value with me so seems like a good fit. also i noticed the previous owner took the cable off of the exhaust valve gizmo that sits on the airbox. will i need this??

No you won't, and he also makes single outlets.

ok cool, thanks for all the help you guys!

btw here is a pic of the old nightster:

she wasn't a bad bike, definitely looked sweet. loud as all hell, but was pretty comfortable. oh well i'm sure someone else will be quite happy with it. i just had to have something that handled better and stopped better. too many drivers out there with heads permanently planted in their colon.

If you want black powder coating (or any color for that matter).

Polished.

Or just plain stainless with no finish.

Might be a little expensive for some, but it's a guaranteed power gain of no less than 10% over stock. They sound good as well. I'm working on headers, just don't have any completed yet.

^nice piece got any videos?

btw i was looking into the ecmspy cable and software, any input? for 42 bux looks as though i can fully custom tune my bike and even data log. that would be a huge advantage for a LOT LOT less than the ebr ecm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast