Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06 Uly 2500 what do you all think.

Ok I found this one day and was wondering what everyone thinks. here is what the he he wrote.

As you can see from the pictures the majority of the damage is cosmetic, about 90% The other ten percent is the hand controls, mirrors, airbox/airbox cover, windscreen and gauge cluster. I had heat tape under the seat that shielded the harness from the heat but not the smoke, the wires are still flexible with no cracking. The harness behind the flyscreen is still supple as well. The motor needs a pulse generator (crank sensor), but it was completely gone through with new pistons, spark plugs, jugs, gaskets, and oil pump. I had an oil pump go bad at 16k miles and my rear piston grenaded as a result so I had the whole engine rebuilt. It ran great for five minutes, then we wrapped it up. I was going to pick it up after it was all finished but the shop it was in was torched by either an angry customer (the dude was suuuuuuper slow) or a rival bike gang, nobody knows. The tires have less than 25 miles on them, still have the nubs on them. I have a lowered seat on it and the original in my garage. I also have another taller one piece windscreen. The luggage was on a work bench during the fire and didn’t make it…the frame for the caribou cases is still on the bike. I was going to put it back on the road but my wife is dead set against the bike now, she want’s me to just get a new scoot, and honestly I don’t think that’s such a bad idea. I was looking at all the parts and work it would take and the stuff I found on EBay and Bad Web was total under 1000. So a little elbow grease, know how and $3500 and you have a bike that you can at least trade in for more than what you have into it.

He lives 20hrs away and with the fire thing kinda worries me with the engine and frame. He said he talked to a dealership and they said if the tires didnt get hot enough to pop then everything should be good. feedback pleas. Ill try to get some pics up.

You have a lot of work ahead of you, but I think it's a good deal.
    Raz

Fire/heat and water have strange effects on circuitry. That $1000 may quickly grow to 2 or 3 if you start having electircal issues. Plus, driving 40 hours round trip is a lot of gas-$. $1500 cash is tops I'd go. Just my .02 and good luck with whatever you decide.

^^me too. $1,500, tops. There will be a lot of work involved.

having previously purchased a 4wd that was burnt phew man it's a LOT of work . I ran the vehicle for 90,000 kms and then sold it to a guy in my local area. I still see it from time to time and thats 16 years ago hehe. If done correctly its no problem (depends on extent of damage ). The only drawback is that no matter what you do there are always fire scars that you just can't get rid of. On mine it was alloy parts on the engine , master cyls and compressor .alt etc . No matter what they still showed soot.Good luck but for what its worth i would not take it on again.

Inactive
    No.... No.... No.... Stay away from it unless you have a deep pockets and another parts bike

YES YES YES to squid on this one. burned bike or flood bike is a nightmare to bring back to proper running order. AND what does the title to the bike say? salvage? non-issuance of new title? if it does stay the hell away from it.

I asked the guy about the title and he said it wasnt up to date and didnt report it. cuz he drop the insurence on it. its been sitting or a year or so before the fire. and the shop it was at the guy let his insurence lap so hes out. and now the shop owner is in jail for grand theft. so if i were to try to reg. it after cleaning it up can it be done with out a sal. title.

ok so he is thinking he might part it out. would anyone be interested in anything. as i told him im not wanting the whole bike. but he doesnt want to sell a couple of things and sit on the rest. so here is the link for badweb where he posted it.
    http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1341943497

if this doesnt work then it under 2006 Ully for sale. Whole or parts.

I'm the owner of this "nightmare". I've been an aircraft electrician for 15 years and can tell you without any doubt that the harness is not "toast". The tires aren't toast and neither are the seals or motor mounts. Those are items, the seals especially, that are designed for hi heat applications. The wires are still supply and bend with no seperation or cracking. The tires are still perfect. Man I just love how people make snap judgments from just a few pictures. I'm parting it out. Come get some parts, they're going quick. And it's not fire damage, it's smoke damage btw. Big difference. The seat didn't melt so that is a pretty good indication that everything under it is good to go. Especially since the seat had heat tape under it to shield my ass on long rides.

My opinion, I would find something turnkey at a good price. Unless they were almost giving it away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast