Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding a bike to school.. advice

Okay so I am thinking about getting my first bike. I live in a college town and would be riding it to and from campus. I have a car but feel a bike would be very practical. I could ride it 8-9 months out of the year. My question is what kind of gear should I get. I obviously dont want to go to class in leather pants, jacket, boots, etc. Are there any of you guys that do commute to school and what do you wear around campus and to and from school?

Curious to see responses!

Thanks!

Kevlar jeans, leather jacket, gloves, boots, helmet. Its a compromise in terms of protection, like everything else.

Road rash on my legs probably isn't life threatening. I do wear kneepads underneath though. **** knee injuries.

when i would ride to school i wore my kevlar jeans, mesh riding jacket with armor, helmet, gloves, and boots (you can find some decent looking boots that could pass as a normal shoe look-alike)

Jeans, boots, t-shirt and helmet. Just don't fall off. :o)

Where do you guys get all of your gear?

I never ride with less than jeans, boots, jacket, and helmet. I prefer to wear gloves, and better leg protection.

I used to commute to school, just be careful in traffic and what not, a lot of idiots out there. And lock your bike up good.

Sportbiketrackgear.com, revzilla.com, motorcyclegear.com, motorcyclecloseouts.com.

ATGATT.

I never ride with less than jeans, boots, jacket, and helmet.Â* I prefer to wear gloves, and better leg protection

Thanks guys! I was thinking of doing jeans, jacket and helmet. maybe gloves but just what kind of shoes if I dont want to wear boots?

Make sure to get over the ankle shoes if choose to not wear boots.

The time you go down you will regret not wearing protective gear. Your hands are going to be the first thing destroyed.

Hope that doesnt happen.

I got some riding boots from cycle gear and they are pretty comfy and look damn near like tennis shoes... The only time I don't wear them while riding is to and from work I wear my work boots.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast